Can you remove houses with bulldozers and chain?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I heard a rumor you can level homes with two dozers and a large chain between them. Does anyone have any experience with this? Supposedly just drive through there like a cheese slicer.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm going to say yes. The weak link is probably the chain.

Bull-dozers can push out trees that 80 mph winds won't uproot... so they have the traction and power. It only makes sense that a chain pulled by one can do that damage to a house. You may not even need 2 dozers if you have a long enough chain to wrap around the house, or just pull out sections 1 at a time (although entering the home to reconnect the chain may be dangerous).

My brother bought a property a few years back that had a house on it. He wanted to burn it but wanted to at least knock it down first. The property was being logged by one of his high-school friends so on a saturday his friend came over and used a log skidder and chain to tear it down in similar fashion. They ran the chain in the back door and around the entire inside perimeter of the house and back out the door then pulled. This ripped out all the interior walls. They were hoping that would cause it to collapse into the middle but it didn't, the house still stood. So they ran the chain in the door and drilled a hole in the wall down at the other corner and pulled out an entire exterior wall which was enough to get it to fall in. Then they pushed the exterior wall back in on the house and lit the fire...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Found the chain - it should do the trick. ​I hear the plastic chain is much better though.
    lex_13.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    A D10 dozer can level just about anything in front of it, except those giant coal machines. Those things are the size of a freaking neighborhood.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If there's no basement, just run the dozer through the house. Basements are the tracked vehicle's natural enemy.

Having used an M-60 tank to squish some things, I believe you could do it, depending on the chain and the dozers.

jlehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Central Indiana
    I would stick to an excavator, only one rental fee, and no chain to buy. In the case of a basement you won't get yourself trapped. The excavator will take longer, but all good things take time.

Top Bottom