Can you speed up your tax stamp by calling daily?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Just wondering if anyone has tried to call every business day to get a status of their forms. I figure the squeaky wheel gets the grease. They may speed things up if you call them all the time to say Hi and get a status on the paperwork. Just know it does not work with SOE Tactical.

Plus, why does it take so long to approve the paperwork anyway? Isn't a right delayed a right denied?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    It takes so long because there are thousands of submissions and few examiners.

There are no consequences for the NFA branch for taking as long as they do and I do not wish to impose any. The system is what it is. There simply aren't enough examiners to have turn around times considered "reasonable". If we somehow made it so they were required to be approved/denied within 30 days, they'd just reject all the ones that went past 30 days and all those people would have to start over. It would be an even bigger cluster F than it is now.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And if I were answering the phone and you called each day I would find your form, put a post it note on it and every time you called move it back to the bottom of the stack.
    I find it's easier for the paperwork to "fall behind a desk".

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Just wondering if anyone has tried to call every business day to get a status of their forms. I figure the squeaky wheel gets the grease. They may speed things up if you call them all the time to say Hi and get a status on the paperwork. Just know it does not work with SOE Tactical.

Plus, why does it take so long to approve the paperwork anyway? Isn't a right delayed a right denied?

Dont waste your time or theirs...plan on 7 months, from the date it goes pending...not from when you mail it....my last two have been 7 months almost to the day!

Clang5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2015
    Indiana
    Nope!

Fastest stamps you'll see now are for form 1 (build it yourself) on a trust on ATF online. Last one I did was 30 days or so. I heard they got quicker. But it won't work for form 4's

Top Bottom