• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rolling Thunder going on.
    Large pack of cops standing in the street.

A tuba player just walked by, playing Darth Vader's theme. (Or it's called the Imperial March)
    It was hilarious.
    Well. Sousaphone. A tuba is played while sitting. Because it's too ****ing heavy to play while marching, the Sousaphone, named after co-inventor John Philip Sousa, was invented. Same tube length as a tuba.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dunno. Maybe. But I always thought french horn players were a bit ghey.
    Hey!! :xmad: I played trumpet all through middle school and high school, but switched to French horn my senior year because I got tired of hearing our French horn players screw up easy parts in band and orchestra. When I switched I challenged and got first chair.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well. Sousaphone. A tuba is played while sitting. Because it's too ****ing heavy to play while marching, the Sousaphone, named after co-inventor John Philip Sousa, was invented. Same tube length as a tuba.
    Well, considering my instruments are "radio, streaming, CD player" I think I guessed well enough

:)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    A tuba is played while sitting. Because it's too ****ing heavy to play while marching,
    Tell that to my son. They used "marching tubas" when he was in band. A regular tuba with a u shaped pipe, tuba is held on the shoulder instead of in front. Not him, but shows how it's done.
    trivia_p04_01.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tell that to my son. They used "marching tubas" when he was in band. A regular tuba with a u shaped pipe, tuba is held on the shoulder instead of in front. Not him, but shows how it's done.
    trivia_p04_01.jpg
    I suppose it works. Maybe for a half-time show. But I still think the Sousaphone would be easier for carrying a long time, like a parade. I'll bet you learn to walk smooth while playing. :):

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I suppose it works. Maybe for a half-time show. But I still think the Sousaphone would be easier for carrying a long time, like a parade. I'll bet you learn to walk smooth while playing. :):
    It does work, and he used one in competitions. But yeah the Sousaphone is easier to carry, and oh yes on the walking smooth. They did have a pad they put on their shoulder under their shirt which helps a bit.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Love the fight in these Canadians, the Convoy, and especially when they catch WEF schooled puppet Turdeau out in public. I like the accent when they're screaming Communist at him. Actually looked like a good vantage point for some rock throwing too.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Love the fight in these Canadians, the Convoy, and especially when they catch WEF schooled puppet Turdeau out in public. I like the accent when they're screaming Communist at him. Actually looked like a good vantage point for some rock throwing too.

I enjoyed that. I got a little bit of this vibe from her:

1657533669806.gif

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I enjoyed that. I got a little bit of this vibe from her:

View attachment 210728
    I quite enjoy these sort of situations and watched it several times to pick up on the words. Absolutely loved her grit and determination to call him out and the accent is neat also. If it didn't bother him then why was his body mannerisms with his palms up overused? He'd better smile now cause they're heading for some Sri Lanka outcomes in Canada if their populace stand up for their rights like the Truckers tried to show them.

While traveling, I've spoke to several Canadians recently who were on vacation in the US and they are very compliant. Spoke to one at length at a dispersed camping area, and while he highlighted all the issues of his Country, he felt he had to go along with all the vax mandates and assorted tyranny. He would have to quarantine for somthing like a week and pay some outrageous lodging rates when he returned. I asked another if he was able to travel into the US with all the bridges blocked with semis, and he was very angry and wanted to do everything he was told by his government. I asked another if he thought he needed firearms in his Country for protection, and him and his wife shot that down quickly. All three of these people/couples were in their 70s. I hope it doesn't represent the other age groups entirely.

Top Bottom