• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    Can you carry in Canal Days? I wasn't able to find anything on it so was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it. Thanks! :D

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How about more details for those of us that have no idea what a "canal days" is? (or where it is for that matter)

Going out on a limb if it is Metamora you are good as long as you dont enter the grist mill building. That building is state owned property that prohibits carry and the sign carries the force of law.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Contact them at Director@NewHavenCanalDays.org

More than likely it's considered a private entity that is leasing public space and IS a GFZ according to their policy, not that they can readily enforce it if you are concealed.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    Contact them at Director@NewHavenCanalDays.org

More than likely it's considered a private entity that is leasing public space and IS a GFZ according to their policy, not that they can readily enforce it if you are concealed.

I open carry, but I sent them an email. Hopefully they respond back in a couple hours before I get there, or I will just have to see if I get asked to leave. If I do, I will definitely report back here.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I open carry, but I sent them an email. Hopefully they respond back in a couple hours before I get there, or I will just have to see if I get asked to leave. If I do, I will definitely report back here.

or just conceal and have an enjoyable time. :dunno:

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Hopefully they respond back in a couple hours before I get there...

If it tunes out that it is, ask them if they have any GFZ signage posted (doubt they will) and point out the idiocracy of removing legal carry when there are no signs to "stop" the criminals.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    I was emailed this, "I echo chief McKinnons email. And I do support 2nd amendment rights. We will always ask anyone exercise common sense and have firearms properly permitted if there would be any concerns." - and open carried no problem. I actually had a few people ask me questions about it:)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Going out on a limb if it is Metamora you are good as long as you dont enter the grist mill building. That building is state owned property that prohibits carry and the sign carries the force of law.

Since it's owned by the Indiana state museum, I beleave you are correct that firearms are prohibited. But do you have a cite that the sign carries force of law, and what penalties are there if you ignore the sign?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I believe canal days is now over but FYI for future reference, last time I went, AFAIK part of the vendor area was located on school property. Be cautious about school property, otherwise you should be GTG.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    I saw the school property part and avoided that area parking elsewhere.

My response to the email on if Canal Days is a GFZ or not is as follows;

"I echo chief McKinnons email. And I do support 2nd amendment rights. We will always ask anyone exercise common sense and have firearms properly permitted if there would be any concerns."

Top Bottom