• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. lots of other subjects where a singular thread is started and everyone discusses.
    Oh, yeah. Cancer sucks.

No need for a specific section.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well then, I'll start off.
    Over two years ago I fell and hurt myself really bad. They X-rayed me in the emergency room and later said that I didn't have any broken bones but it looked like I did have fractured L1 virtibray but I also had an undiagnosed mass in my abdomen.

Later, after many test they discovered that I had Non Hodgkin's lymphoma, the fast growing kind. So they did exploritory surgery and discovered that I was full of cancer. So they sewed me up and installed a feeding tube in my chest because my asofigas was detiriating and I would soon not be able to eat.

Six doctors stood a the foot of my bed and told me I was dying and had only weeks to live. I was okay with that because I was 78 years old and tired of this life, and besides, I'm a saved and sanctified, born again child of God. So they sent me home to die and put me on hospice care. Then one day while I was recovering from the surgery, I suddenly heard a voice in my head, and it said "Your giving up too easy" and I said What!, and the voice repeated, "Your giving up to easy" and I said, How so? But I heard nothing else.

So later I called my pastor and told him about my experience and he said for me to pray and ask God what I could do about it. So one night I woke up at about 2:00 am and couldn't sleep, so I prayed to God for guidance in the matter but heard nothing. The next day, several times, I heard the voice say "Always choose life" and I said
    "How do I do that"? But I heard nothing more.

So I called my pastor back and told him about it, and he said, Dan, let me pray to God and ask Him what He wants to do about it. So later he called back and said Dan, be at church Sunday morning at 10:30 and God will be there with healing in His wings. So Sunday morning I showed up at church which was no small feat for me in my condition. They set me down in the front pew, the elders gathered around me and layed hands on me and anointed me with olive oil which historically represents the Holy Spirit, and they prayed to God in my behalf. After they finished, I stood up cancer free.

My family didn't believe it, I'm sorry to say and they wanted me to get an MRI to confirm it. But I said that if I did that
    "Where was my faith?" Several days later I heard that same voice, and it said "You shall not die, but live, and proclaim my works" Well later, my Doctor's didn't believe it either, so they ran their tests and for two years now they can't find it. Praise God. Now I still look forward to going home but it won't be any time soon.
    Have a great week all of you.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Over two years ago I fell and hurt myself really bad. They X-rayed me in the emergency room and later said that I didn't have any broken bones but it looked like I did have fractured L1 virtibray but I also had an undiagnosed mass in my abdomen.

Later, after many test they discovered that I had Non Hodgkin's lymphoma, the fast growing kind. So they did exploritory surgery and discovered that I was full of cancer. So they sewed me up and installed a feeding tube in my chest because my asofigas was detiriating and I would soon not be able to eat.

Six doctors stood a the foot of my bed and told me I was dying and had only weeks to live. I was okay with that because I was 78 years old and tired of this life, and besides, I'm a saved and sanctified, born again child of God. So they sent me home to die and put me on hospice care. Then one day while I was recovering from the surgery, I suddenly heard a voice in my head, and it said "Your giving up too easy" and I said What!, and the voice repeated, "Your giving up to easy" and I said, How so? But I heard nothing else.

So later I called my pastor and told him about my experience and he said for me to pray and ask God what I could do about it. So one night I woke up at about 2:00 am and couldn't sleep, so I prayed to God for guidance in the matter but heard nothing. The next day, several times, I heard the voice say "Always choose life" and I said

So I called my pastor back and told him about it, and he said, Dan, let me pray to God and ask Him what He wants to do about it. So later he called back and said Dan, be at church Sunday morning at 10:30 and God will be there with healing in His wings. So Sunday morning I showed up at church which was no small feat for me in my condition. They set me down in the front pew, the elders gathered around me and layed hands on me and anointed me with olive oil which historically represents the Holy Spirit, and they prayed to God in my behalf. After they finished, I stood up cancer free.

My family didn't believe it, I'm sorry to say and they wanted me to get an MRI to confirm it. But I said that if I did that
    "Where was my faith?" Several days later I heard that same voice, and it said "You shall not die, but live, and proclaim my works" Well later, my Doctor's didn't believe it either, so they ran their tests and for two years now they can't find it. Praise God. Now I still look forward to going home but it won't be any time soon.
    Our pastor did a sermon just this past Sunday on why God chooses to heal some people and not all. He juxtaposed a case where his best friend, in his late 30’s, died of cancer and a local man who survived a horrific car crash. It is truly a mystery and it is one of, if not the most difficult question for Christians to answer.

You are obviously meant for at least one more job before God takes you home.

Chiller302

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2022
    Indianapolis

Very happy you are still with us. Your story obviously isn't finished yet.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Lost my wife of 24 years in 2007 to cancer. She was an example during The whole mess. Never complained, she was an RN so understood it all and took everything they threw at her. Her faith was amazing.

Upside is have been remarried for 11 years now. Wife is a huge blessing to our family. The kids and grandkids adore her.

Don

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

Great Testimony, to God be all the glory!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have a former colleague who was found to have a brain mass, presumed cancerous. Scheduled repeat MRI prior to surgery and mass was gone. No recurrence since. Strong religious guy.

I don't want this thread to become only about miracle saves, but they do exist. Cancer sucks.

Chemo is rough. Radiation is rough. It takes incredible bravery to walk through that, and incredible wisdom and contentment to not. Whatever choice people make when faced with it, they have my support.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    My wife is a 5 year survivor of a brain tumor (oligoastrocytoma). Had a major incident in January of 2017, but the doctors looked for cardiopulmonary issues and not brain. Happened again with me present in May and a different hospital (IU Health West) finally discovered a mass in the front right of the brain causing the seizures.

Biopsy in June showed a grade 3 tumor partially buried in the motor skill area of the brain. After much testing, surgery was in August and they removed roughly 90% of the tumor. Radiation was until October, and chemo until May of 2018. She's still on seizure meds since they couldn't remove all of it, but she gets around and functions normally (except for some memory issues). Remnants of the tumor are "dead" according to MRI's (don't take up dye), so things look good for now. Not sure what the future holds, but enjoying day to day.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Chemo is rough. Radiation is rough. It takes incredible bravery to walk through that, and incredible wisdom and contentment to not. Whatever choice people make when faced with it, they have my support.
    After what I have been very, very close to in losing loved ones to cancer I am predisposed to forego the above and rely of faith and more natural defenses. If it is my time I am happy to meet god but will miss those I love still here…

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    After what I have been very, very close to in losing loved ones to cancer I am predisposed to forego the above and rely of faith and more natural defenses. If it is my time I am happy to meet god but will miss those I love still here…
    For me it will depend on how old my kids are and what I'm facing. If they're young i'll fight for a while and see what happens. If they're adults and I'm facing nasty I'll enjoy my last days with my family as healthy as I can be.

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    August 1997 I had a spot removed from behind my right ear - Superficial Spreading Malignant Melanoma. It was caught relatively early and after a second excision (for added safety margins) the collective medical determination was: No Evidence of Disease (NED) - no further treatment indicated beyond observation.
    May 2022, (25 years later) new spots start popping up rapidly, like mushrooms. By June, I had more than 50 visible lesions from the waist up, including one in the corner of my mouth (Mucosal). A Baseline PET Scan revealed extensive subcutaneous, muscular, and skeletal lesions through my chest, spine, abdomen, and extremities, plus one lesion in my liver. The baseline brain MRI did not indicate any melanoma in my brain - WOO-HOO!
    September 2022, I have completed 4 treatments of combined immunotherapy (Opdivo & Yervoy). The plan was to continue treating with a single immunotherapy drug (Opdivo) however, the adverse side effects became bad enough to require a pause in my treatments. My immune system is being suppressed, temporarily, while I heal from the side effects. If all goes well, I hope to resume treatments at the end of October.
    I am a 63 year old man of faith, a born again Christian, trusting my eternity to my Lord and Savior, Jesus. I could have very easily and was tempted to allow this disease to usher me into eternity, unhindered. My wife, of 42 years, convinced me otherwise... So here I am, in the fight of my life, giving it my all, and trusting the results to God almighty.
    My 12 week follow up PET Scan did not indicate any melanoma disease progress. In fact, the scans indicated reduced metabolic rates in my lesions. In my terms: my immune system is beating down the melanoma, causing the disease to lose its appetite. The doctors say the scans indicate "partial response to treatment." I'll take that!
    Oh, one more thought: My PSA rates have been increasing rapidly and I probably have Prostate Cancer too. However, all of my doctors agree that we need to focus on the immediate threat of melanoma. I never was good at multi-tasking... :)

Top Bottom