• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Prayers out for your father, you and your family as well. I have a dear friend, 37 years old, who is what appears to be days from death from bile duct cancer. I've struggled with it for the past two weeks. He's in KY and I hunted with him this spring and everything seemed good. It's an absolutely horrible situation and I pray your father works through it.

Thank you Phylo. I’m sorry to hear of your friend. I’ll keep you and him, and his family in my prayers.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Prayers for your dad. Lost my dad to liver cancer in April of 2014. My father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer last month. Just let your dad know you are all in for him. Support means everything. Once again, prayers for your dad and your family.

Biglou13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2018
    jacksonville
    My prayers to your father. I know what he's must he going through. Had three cancer diagnostics in my life, two at the same time. I'm still here, so will he be.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    My dad was supposed to start Chemo this last Tuesday. My mom was driving him to his appointment. 15 minutes from the Cancer Center, he had a stroke. Fortunately, the IU Health rapid response stroke ambulance was very close to the, and he received care very quickly. He spent a couple days in ICU, then moved to another room. He is home now with very minimal affects from the stroke. The crew in the stroke ambulance was amazing. The staff at IU Methodist was also amazing. From the time he had his first symptoms, until he had a CT scan and clot busting meds was less than 20 minutes. The clot was removed in less than an hour from the first symptoms. The stroke ambulance is one of only a few in the country. I’m sure it is not cheap for the hospital, but it is worth every penny to us.
    The real down side is that this is delaying chemo by 2 weeks. This is an aggressive cancer, so we are worried what 2 weeks without treatment will do. My dad is extremely tired after the stroke. This may be a result of the stroke, not sleeping much at the hospital, the cancer, or a combination of all of those issues. It’s hard to see him so void of energy. Please keep him and my mom in your prayers. We are so thankful that the stroke ended up having very few minor affects. We are nervous that it’s caused a delay in treatment that could have severe effects.

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Prayers out for you and all affected by cancer. My 36 yr old wife was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 2 months ago. She has had 3 chemo treatments and her cancer continues to grow. She will have surgery in a few weeks to remove 2 tumors and hopefully they will have a better chemo cocktail to try after she recovers from surgery.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Prayers out for you and all affected by cancer. My 36 yr old wife was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 2 months ago. She has had 3 chemo treatments and her cancer continues to grow. She will have surgery in a few weeks to remove 2 tumors and hopefully they will have a better chemo cocktail to try after she recovers from surgery.

Your wife will be in my prayers as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Stay positive/strong for her. Included in our prayers.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Yesterday, after a meeting with the oncologist, we went home and a hospice nurse came over to evaluate and explain their services. The oncologist believes he has a few weeks left with us. We are still praying for a miracle, but my dad is at peace with what is happening. We believe in heaven, and know he will be there soon. He will be fine, but the pain will be with those of us who will be left here without him. I am heartbroken for myself and my brother, but mostly for my mom. He was planning to retire in a year or two and they were going to travel the world. They just moved into their dream home two days prior to the diagnosis, and it is now just a part of this nightmare. My dad worked hard, invested well, lived frugally with no debt. He made very wise financial decisions. My mom will be fine financially. I know not everyone is that fortunate. Honestly, she would give it all away and live in poverty if it would keep her husband here with her.

Hospice truly is an amazing thing. It suck if you are in a position to need it, but I’m sure glad they are there for us. They are truly angels. I could never do the job they do.

My dad has lived his life modeling integrity, hard work and kindness. He has been a great influence on my daughter. He has made it to every athletic competition of hers. He has made it to every taekwondo belt testing of hers. She will test for her black belt in about 6 weeks. That will be the first one he misses. My daughter wants him to be there so bad. Without a miracle, that won’t happen. If you believe in miracles, please pray for his complete healing. Pray for my mom. Cancer is simply cruel and evil. We all just want to wake up from this nightmare.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Prayers inbound for your entire family. Cancer sucks, that's for sure. Lost my dad to it in 2009.

And you are right. Those hospice teams are literally angels.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Prayers for your dad, you, and the rest of your family. I pray for no pain and peace for your dad and comfort for all the rest. Cancer does suck. I also pray for some doctor or scientist somewhere to be revealed a cure for this horrible disease.

Top Bottom