• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    DadSmith, this is for you.

I bought a Canik METE SFT with a Sig Romeo Zero optic from a friend that was going thru some health issues and needed to raise some money.
    Hadn't really ever thought about a Canik, but it was a nice looking gun, and the only one he was trying to sell that interested me. I knew he needed the money, and also sold a Springfield to a guy I worked with for him as well.
    DadSmith and I had a conversation awhile back about the gun when I saw there was a Canik pistol thread.
    He asked me to take it to the range and give a report. So I finally got around to taking it to the range to see what it would do.
    All I can say is Wow!
    I'm not the greatest shot, but this gun really impressed me. So here goes with my range report.
    The gun:

View attachment 281898

Took it to Range USA out towards Avon.
    I had never shot a pistol with an optic sight so I wasn't sure So i put put the target at 7 yds, loaded 10rds of Venom 115gr FMJ in the mag and let 'er rip. The results are below.

View attachment 281899
    Then I loaded 10 more rds of the same Venom ammo and concentrated. Did I mention that I was some new shooting glasses with the cheaters in the top so I was getting used to those as well. The result of next 10 rds are below

View attachment 281900
    Seemed to be better so I tried 10 rds of Remington UMC 115gr FMJ, and the grouping was nice. See below

View attachment 281901
    Not bad for me so I moved on to the next ammo choice. 14 rds of Federal 24gr HST JHP's. Not sure why I put in 14 rds??
    View attachment 281902

Maybe it was the heavier bullets, but dang I impressed myself (gotta be the gun). So one of the things that I always do when I go to the range is a point and shoot at a target. No aiming just point and shoot. Did this ten HST's

View attachment 281903
    Couple of flyers to start, but eventually brought it in (uh, I always try to make my first shot to the RH shoulder)

Finished out with a couple more sets of 10 rds.
    View attachment 281904 View attachment 281908

I was impressed with how the gun felt with recoil and for sure this is a keeper. Still not sure about shooting with an optic.
    I have a G48 with a Holosun 507K so now I will need to get it out to the range.
    So this is my first ever range report. Like it or tear it up either way I learned something about Caniks and had a blast.

12many
    Thank you for that nice range report.
    I figured you would like it.
    They are a underrated handgun.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I've bought 3 of these the TP9V2 which my daughter fell in love with so I got big brown eyed and surrendered it to her lol.

Liked it so well I bought the TP9SF. Then my nephew wanted it so I gave it to him. I liked it just as much as the v2.

Sooo

To replace it I bought the TP9DA. Same pistol just about. Has better sights, decocker is smaller than the V2's. Takes the same 18 or 20 Rd magazines.

I really liked all 3 of these pistols. The V2 and the SF I tested out of the box. Cleaned them, oiled them with Mpro7. And shot 1000 rds before cleaning again. I shot everything in them. Wolf, Remington, Winchester, Underwood, reloads. FMJ, HP, FP and SWC. No failures at all. Very accurate pistols.

I've only got 400 rds on my TP9DA so far so good. However, it's still got 600 rds to go before I feel satisfied.

Anyone else have any Canik pistols here?
    View attachment 79542
    TP9DA
    Ive not bought any yet but ive shot many many caniks and boy oh boy I love em. So much comes with it and its inexpensive.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I really had never given them a second thought, but after shooting the one I bought (to help out a friend) I'm with DadSmith that they are underated for the money.
    Would like to get my hands on one of the compact models.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I really had never given them a second thought, but after shooting the one I bought (to help out a friend) I'm with DadSmith that they are underated for the money.
    Would like to get my hands on one of the compact models.
    I’ve got a Canik TP9SF Elite, the compact pistol and it shots great. Much better in the hand than a Glock 19. The trigger is soooo much better than the Glock. Most importantly you simply can’t beat it for the price. :wavey:

Top Bottom