• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I am sure there are better handguns out there, but recently picked up a Canik S120. I had been looking at the CZ 75B, but just couldn't pull the trigger and lay out the funds (and be able to explain it to my wife). Started ready on several forums that the Canik S120 appeared to be a very good clone. And when I found one for $345 (online) I figured what the hey. Picked it up this week at TH Guns (thanks guys).

This morning I was able to take it out for my first rounds. I was pleasantly surprised. This gun is tight, but smooth. Took 100 rds of 115gr AMerican Eagle FMJRN for the trial. Here are my first 2 shots from ~8yds (no bench rest).

28b9md2.jpg

Now trust me. I am not that good of shooter to do this consistently, but the Canik performed flawlessly. Not a single FTF or FTE. Put 75 rounds through it (saved 25 for my Beretta) and only 3 were outside the 4" circle, most within 3". I called those 3 as soon as I felt the trigger break ... my fault.

We will see over the next few months, but so far this may be the best $350 dollar gun that I know of.

Also there is a big plus ... its steel ... love steel.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Hey , congrats on the new hardware. Good shooting indeed. Also looking at one of these myself, thanks for posting this up.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've seen pretty much only positives for the Canik55 line. Their new 9mm look sweet and I have my eye on the TP-9 in titanium and the Stingray-C.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I had a Canik .380 and it was great. Except for the sights that needed a little touch up.

Agree about the sights. Not easy to pick them up quickly. The white dots are "muddy", actually look more of a very washed out light green.

Anyone know if sights for the CZ 75B will fit? Might want to change the front sight especially. Love what fiber did for my ability to pick up sight on my SA Range Officer.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I was looking at them a couple of months ago. One thing that I wasn't sure of was how easily accessories were to find such as additional magazines. Everything I've read too has been positive. I hope the word doesn't get out too much. I'd hate to see the price go up.

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The Stingray-C is my next purchase... or perhaps the Sar K2P. Being a lefty, if it has a thumb safety, it needs to be ambi. I can find the K2P locally, but not the Stingray, no one even heard of it. They probably think I'm calling about a jetski or something.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I was looking at them a couple of months ago. One thing that I wasn't sure of was how easily accessories were to find such as additional magazines. Everything I've read too has been positive. I hope the word doesn't get out too much. I'd hate to see the price go up.

I thought the S-120 uses CZ75b mags. Can anyone verify this?

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Awesome! Glad to see you're getting good results with it. I've seen the SAR B6P in CDNN email specials recently for (IIRC) $239, and they were pretty tempting. I may jump on one of those if it will in fact use CZ75 mags... even though I already have more full-size 9mm's than I know what to do with!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It isn't what you asked, but I can verify that the Stingray-C uses CZ75 compact mags, as well as SP01 mags with a small modification to the baseplate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had one of these too, and it was a great gun. Fit and finish I thought were very nice, especially for a gun at that price point. I only got rid of mine because I wanted something else more. :): But, if I were in the market for another 9mm, I would definitely buy one again. Not sure about the magazine interchangeability, but it should be easy enough to find out if you can take it to a gun shop that has a CZ in stock...

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Received a couple 75B Mec-Gar mags today that I will try in the S-120. Purchased from GregCoteLLC.com. Although he did not have first hand experience they would work, feedback from numerous customers indicated they would work. Price was pretty good. Seem to fit good, but won't be able to run lods through them for a few days.

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Hate to "bump" a topic, but forgot to ask...
    Did you guys find the Canik products locally, other than the Tp-9? I'm specifically interested in the Stingray, but have no luck around Fort Wayne. Having one shipped will be around $350, then the transfer fee. It's something I want to compare and contrast to my other options, so I prefer to see it first.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    I've yet to see any Turkish company make a crap weapon. I've heard nothing but good things about Canik.

It may be a little off-topic, but My Mossberg SA-20 is a fantastic weapon and I have seen no reports the to contrary. Most of the new semi-auto mossberg and weatherby shotguns are all Turkish as well.

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Midwest gun exchange in mishawaka had/has them. Haven't been in for a month or so.

Yeah I decided to have it shipped here, instead of calling and driving around. Always a risk to buy before I handle something like a firearm, but the reviews are great and I got the rarer Titanium finish.

I saw someone mentioned the Piranha, but I'm much too impatient for that one, if it does show up Stateside.

Top Bottom