• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Now I just have a couple smaller ones. ...

This is actually my preferred strategy for a number of reasons. Easier to move. Easier to find places for. Can be in multiple locations. With one safe, the perps only have to compromise 1 safe to access the entire collection. With multiples, they have to compromise each safe individually to get everything.

Something to think about.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    As much as I’d like to have a big ol’ safe, I think it more practical just to add another smaller save. Like most of you save it’s a hard to move, where to put can be an issue.
    But, then again maybe the next buyer of my house might like to have a big save and at this price I’m sure I can make my money back? It’s a solid “ Return on investment” LOL

happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    14 gauge is not very thick ..... some of the small 1 or 2 gun mini handgun vaults are this thick ! got mine from johnson safe company . he is usually at the 1500 shows . mine is 7 gauge AMERICAN steel but costs a lot more than the safe you are looking at .
    get on you tube and watch some of the vids on breaking open a gun safe . amazing stuff & it will make you think twice on what you are buying and what you really need for sound protection . the heavier ones are pricey , and still going up in price . but you do get what you pay for !

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well crap! i went to tractor supply yesterday to buy the safe, and the sales off, and they only have the floor model, none in overstock, and they wont order another one till this ones gone, so if i want it i get the one thats had all the buttons pushed go knows how many times I buy that one, i called around and the closest tsc that has one in overstock is an hour away!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    update to the story!!!!

i went to tractor supply on Monday to pay for the 80 gun safe, i asked if they had one in overstock, they didn't, so i went online and started looking at close stores, the store in Boonville IN, and the 2 stores in Owensboro KY had them as a "managers special" and on sale for 999.99 (300 dollars off), i called the Evansville store (they had it at 1299.99) and asked if they'd match the price of the boonville store, and they did!, so if you add the delivery fee (250.00) im getting the safe delivered for 50.00 less than the store price!

im waiting on a call from the outside delivery service, hopefully they can deliver it tomorrow, then ive got a friend to help me mount it to the concreate floor in my playroom, then i can start filling it up! if i don't fill it up with what i already own!

i think im going to wait till black Friday to buy another (smaller) safe for ammo storage

so if anybody needs a safe get to tsc and see if they'll match the 999.99 price of the Boonville/Owensboro stores!

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    14 gauge is not very thick ..... some of the small 1 or 2 gun mini handgun vaults are this thick ! got mine from johnson safe company . he is usually at the 1500 shows . mine is 7 gauge AMERICAN steel but costs a lot more than the safe you are looking at .
    get on you tube and watch some of the vids on breaking open a gun safe . amazing stuff & it will make you think twice on what you are buying and what you really need for sound protection . the heavier ones are pricey , and still going up in price . but you do get what you pay for !

I REALLY want one of Jeff's safes, my buddy just got his delivered a few weeks ago. However I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on one knowing how long his wait time is. (Last I heard it was 12+ months). If I could find one used I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I have the same safe, I like it quite a bit... but I challenge anyone to actually get 64 guns in it. I could maybe fit 64 pistols in it, but definitely not modern rifles!

Top Bottom