• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Try the Whitewater River. Very beautiful trip.
    Whitewater River in Indiana. Maps of river and Maps to public access points and liveries.

If you feel like coming farther north, the Sugar Creek near Crawfordsville is one of my favorites in Indiana. River takes you through both Shades National Forest and Turkey Run State Park, you also cross under a covered bridge. Turkey Run is also one of my favorite parks in the state to go hiking, try trail 3.

Last edited:

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Blue River. Been several different trips down that one. If you're really adventurous, you can take it to the Ohio, Mississippi, and the Gulf of Mexico. But I wouldn't try it;)

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Been on the Blue.... very nice
    Been on the Whitewater... also very nice

Much better...... Buffalo River in Arkansas
    Best I've ever been to is the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota

I know, you said Indiana, but if yer gonna take the trouble, the Boundary Waters will be an absolutely unforgettable trip. We spent 7 days floating 58 miles down the Isabella River. Never saw another human, but the wildlife just stood there and watched us back.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Never been down the Blue but Sugar Creek by Rockville is great, provided you go after the crowds are gone. October is great if the water isn't too low. Maples full red, covered bridges, and great smallmouth fishing!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Good source from some info.

DNR: Indiana Canoeing

Pretty good canoe livery in Shoals that runs trips on the east fork of the white

That water is barely moving. I talked to a guy getting off the river and he said it took him 6.5 hours to do the 13 miles south of Shoals today paddling all the way. Soon as you are out of sight of the bridge at Shoals it comes to a near stop of water movement.

USGS.03373500.02.00065..20100803.20100810..0..gif

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Kevin Costner had Field of Dreams
    OP has Field of Streams

I just had a flashback to Field of Boulders. One of our favorite 3 day trips in Northern MN, sometimes great, sometimes Boulders with a little water mixed in as far as the eye could see. Makes you appreciate the easy trips!

I am still trying to figure out where all those boulders came from in that particular area. Must have been glacial deposits.

pistol pete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Thanks to you all who responded , we did the Blue River last weekend . As we live a stones throw from Sugar Creek and have done almost all of the northern 2/3 of the state this was indeed very scenic , but low . Next spring we will do the whole length of the Blue . Thanks again

Top Bottom