• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I am writing this to formally thank my printer for working. It has been on probation since we bought it about 4 months ago but it has worked like a champ.

Due to the location of our router, a wired printer wasn't an option once we moved into this place. Nothing too fancy, I just need it to print out basic b/w and color stuff. It also needed to have a document feeder. I began shopping for a wireless printer. First we had an HP model because we could share ink cartridges with someone who could get them for free. For whatever reason it kept losing the WiFi signal and I had to sync it up to the network multiple times a week. We returned it thinking it was broken. Same thing with a new HP. We returned that one for a Kodak. All their advertisements say that they have the cheapest ink. Well, I don't care if ink was free because it was even worse than the HP. I'm not sure if I ever got it to work on my wifi and I'm a fairly tech-savvy guy. I'm the guy all my friends call to help them set up their routers and such.

I went back to Best Buy where I had been shopping all along and asked the guy in blue "look, I just want a printer that WORKS. I don't care if it looks pretty, if it has the latest gadget, if it has fancy software or if it has never ending ink if it doesn't work with my wifi!" Canon was his recommendation as it was his belief they played friendly with wifi better than other brands.

I came home that day with VERY low expectations. Several months later, and I have nothing to say about this printer. In a good way. It's like one of those things where if everything is working properly you shouldn't even notice it. The only difference is that I expected it to fail and was proven wrong.

I rarely use the installation CD's that come with accessories and just prefer to plug the devices into my PC and let them work it out. However, I am glad I installed this printers software becasue of a small feature that lets you "duplex scan." That means that even though the printer/scanner can only scan one page at a time, you can scan double sided documents by running them through the document feeder, put them back in document feeder, pressing OK, and it merges the two scans into one nice little pdf.

Sure there have been those times where I THOUGHT something was wrong. "GRR not this one too! I sent it to the printer but it says the printer isn't connected to the network! Oh wait my computer is logged onto my neighers wifi :D." "Oh noes! the document feeder is spewing papers everywhere! Why aren't they landing nicely in the tray! O wait what is that in the tray... Oh I've been looking for that :D.

We liked it so much that we recently purchased another one. We bought one the MX410 that looked exactly like ours and seems to have the same features, but it had a different model number and it was black. I didn't see anymore of the 340's at BB. It is only being used as a copier at the moment. It is on sale at BB for 79.99 http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...639&forceview=y&adref=social_bookmarking_site

Heres a google search for my exact printer http://www.google.com/products/cata...&sa=X&ei=MnBUTsutHoSoqgH50Jl7&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAQ

So if you are in the market for a wireless printer, I would highly recommend you skip right past that HP or that Kodak and go right for the Canon. Thank you Canon Pixma MX340, for working.

*Knock on wood

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I have a pixma mp540 I absolutely love. I guess its now an older model but it works all the time everytime. I highly recommend Canon pixma's. My roommate has one too but a differnt model pixma, no problems with his either.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I've had this printer for almost a year and it's run like a champ. I rarely use a fax these days, but even that function has come in handy a few times.

:yesway:

Top Bottom