• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    I want a red dot and buis. I will eventually get a higher quality red dot but I need/want something that will get me by for now. I plan to buy quality iron sights so I will have to rely on them in a shtf scenario which is fine because I firmly believe I must be great with the iron before I can be lazy with the optic.

Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    Also while I am at it let me show how big of an AR newbie I am. I can't figure out a front sling mount. I have a flat top CMMG and have no clue what type/where to mount a sling.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Also while I am at it let me show how big of an AR newbie I am. I can't figure out a front sling mount. I have a flat top CMMG and have no clue what type/where to mount a sling.

What type of handguard do you have? Quad rails, other? I use a Magpul RSA with my quad rail AR, but I honestly have no experience with any other mount.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Single point on the back of the lower.

Battle optics don't have to be, or need to be high end. I have a NcStar P4 Sniper. Works great and less than $100

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The vortex razor and the fast fire are not really comparible for a couple reasons. 1 is the price at 479 the razor is alot more money that the fast fire. 2 is durability, when you lay hands on the razor you will see what I mean. Its the stoutest 1.4oz Ive ever held.

Now the comparision Im looking at is the Trijicon RMR vs the Razor. The best answer I can give for that is "I dont know" Ive spent 2000ish rds with the razor on my glock 17L. The conclusion ive came to is "I suck with a pistol". Seriously im just not good enough to give a accurate review. Im in the process of getting a rifle up and running to run the 3moa Razor on a 45 degree offset and put it threw its paces. With over 1 year of battery life I can tell you 1 area where the Razor will be beat by the RMR in my eyes is the auto shut off. Hopfully Vortex comes out with a conversion or new site that allows the user to keep the dot on 24/7. Until then I dont think the Razor is a defense pistol option (I know we are talking rifles, but I have a tendancy to keep typing what Im thinking). I think Vortex is one of the best in the industry at listening to the shooting community and this issue will be addressed and the Razor will raise in the ranks. But as of today I cant say its there yet. By putting it on a rifle soon I hope to get a better feel for it:ar15:, Im just not a pistol man.

I know that rant wasnt much help, but thats what I have for now.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am currently running a Millett red dot on my AR and am very happy with it. As further recommendation, it was the only optic that survived my T/C Encore 20" 460 S&W this deer season which destroyed a Burris Fullfield II and a Nikon Monarch before I used the Millett as a last ditch.

Top Bottom