• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 870Bullpup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Trying to order a Remington 870P (at the advice of the bullpup kit manufacturer) in order to a complete a bullpup conversion and am being told by the guy at one of the local shops that I can't order an 870P if I am not a law enforcement officer. Is this the case or is this gentleman mistaken perhaps since his gun shop is not allowed to sell the LE model? If he is mistaken, can anyone recommend a good gun shop in the area that does sell 870P's? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I think he's mistaken. I own an 1170 police (the semi-auto version) which I ordered it through my LGS. Try a different store. I got mine through Blythe's in Griffith.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    He's incorrect, I'd go somewhere else. If you shop around a little, you can probably find a police trade in for super cheap. They tend to have a very low round count and but show some external wear from a lot of miles in the back of a cruiser. Perfect for a gun project.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    There are / were version of the 870P that had short barrels, or were made as a kit with multiple length barrels and grips. Remington probably wont sell you those 870P unless you have a purchase order on department letterhead.

The other versions are availible in stock at many brick and mortar retailers, and online as well.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    This is precisely the kind of stupid crap that has got to stop coming from dim witted local gun shop owners. Any citizen can purchase ANY Remington "P" Model be it 700 or 870. They're everywhere.......Except at that guy's shop.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    What are the advantages of one of these over a normal 870, besides a collapsible stock?

Not all have the Coll stock. Basically the differences are the 870P has a more durable park finish, stronger mag spring, stronger dog carrier (shell lifter) stronger firing pin and extractor spring. They also dont have any MIM metal parts, and a all metal trigger guard.
    Cosmetics they come a ton of different ways, usually they also have the shorter pump forend that doesnt cover the loading and ejection port when in the far backward position.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Look for a High Standard 10B. Had an 870P back in the 70s with an extended mag, nice gun but it went back in the safe when I picked up the 10B. They're ugly, but nothing quite like one handed semi auto fire.:)

Top Bottom