Can't carry the places I need to go this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I went to a HS cross country meet in Danville on Saturday. Had to leave my pistol at home because it was on school property. I felt naked as I had to gas up on the way there, and stopped for lunch on the way home. I wish they would change the law so Parents and Teachers with LTCH can carry. I know I could have parked off school property, but it still sucks.

Today I am going fishing at Camp Atterbury on the base, not the public park. Can't carry there either.

Need to stop by the Post Office tomorrow. Can't carry there either.

Sorry, just venting.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    At one time there was a bill introduced to allow a person with an LTCH to have thier weapon on school property, however, it would have to left in car. While not 100% perfect, it's a start. The bill went no where, I have writting the legislature to re-consider the bill, no answer as of yet. I send out the letters every other month.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    There are lots of places in this world where we can't carry guns, but you should never feel naked without one. That uncomfortable feeling is probably you subconsciously recognizing that you have some holes in your defensive game-plan.

What other defensive skills do you have if you can't get a gun in play? Do you have any empty-hand skills? Can you get work done with a spyderco? What about improvised weapons? What about your soft-skills (i.e. techniques to recognize trouble as it's brewing and leave before it does)?

Perhaps it's time to work on those along with trying to expand carry rights. You are the weapon, your sidearm is just a tool.

Last edited:

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Why not deep CC? While I am all about following laws, if I have any slight reservation about the locale, I will CC

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Why not deep CC? While I am all about following laws, if I have any slight reservation about the locale, I will CC

No offense, but I don't know that I like the fact that somone is knowly breaking the law to CC. I am all about going unnoticed in places that have "No Gun" signs, but to blantently disregard the law, why carry legally anywhere else?
    I have done Defensive Tactics and Close quarter combat with a sherrif's department and also some training with my knife that I carry. I am not by any means a ninja, but i can give myself a fighting chance. It isn't as good as a firearm, but if i am CCing and need to go to the post office, I disarm since it is the law. I don't know if we are going to beat a dead horse here...just my :twocents:.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville

I can't say that I've never CC'd at a place where it is not legal to do so, but I try to obey the law and would not want to risk loosing my LTCH. I would support changes to the law that would allow us to carry more places. I do appreciate that Indiana is not as restrictive than many other states.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    There are lots of places in this world where we can't carry guns, but you should never feel naked without one. That uncomfortable feeling is probably you subconsciously recognizing that you have some holes in your defensive game-plan.

What other defensive skills do you have if you can't get a gun in play? Do you have any empty-hand skills? Can you get work done with a spyderco? What about improvised weapons? What about your soft-skills (i.e. techniques to recognize trouble as it's brewing and leave before it does)?

Perhaps it's time to work on those along with trying to expand carry rights. You are the weapon, your sidearm is just a tool.

I overstated the "feeling naked" part. I am not an easy target, even when not armed. What I meant is that I am use to carrying all the time, and when I can't I miss it.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I obey the law...but the statement I made was, "if I have any reservation about the locale" thats the qualifier there. I never break the law. I am not going to carry in a government building or post office, etc. those places are not on my "do I have a reservation about being unarmed"...and I ALWAYS have my back up CC knife with me.

GONZO!!!

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Why not invest in a good flash light and take the flashlight Combative class offered by Mindset labs?

Top Bottom