• ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    wow, just wow.

"...It would be nice if President-elect Obama had the time to focus his energies on repeal of the Second Amendment..."
    A single line from this article clearly indicates that Feinstein is 'gunning' for guns.

I will never buy another one of his books and will be sending off emails encouraging my friends and family to do the same.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    This moron is a sports writer? Oh, I guess he does work for the Wasington Post, my bad.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It would be nice if President-elect Obama had the time to focus his energies on repeal of the Second Amendment, but he first has to deal with a broken economy and the incredibly wrong-headed war started by his predecessor. What's more, the issue of gun rights causes almost as much screaming from the right as abortion rights, the irony being that those yelling the loudest about the right to life are usually those yelling almost as loud about their right to carry weapons that kill.

The Second Amendment isn't going to be abolished any time soon. That should not prevent the NFL -- and all sports leagues -- from taking handguns away from their players. It is no more unconstitutional to say players can't own guns than it is to say they must be subjected to drug testing when there is no evidence they have used drugs, or saying they can be fined for speaking their mind about officiating.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    "...It would be nice if President-elect Obama had the time to focus his energies on repeal of the Second Amendment..."

I must have missed something in civics class.

Somehow, I had the idea that presidents were supposed to protect and defend the constitution. I must have slept through the part where presidents are supposed to "repeal" whatever parts of the constitution they don't like.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Best comment on that post yet. :laugh:

Personally I think it's time to abolish the First Amendment. Clearly no king of England is going to prevent us from reading what we want to read, or worshiping who we want to worship, so it's unnecessary, and far too much bad has been done in the name of "free speech." Right?

In his rush to blame the gun, the author completely ignores the necessity of personal responsibility in his desire to pillory an inanimate object. That's like trying to blame the printing press, instead of the author, for publishing Mein Kampf.

Silly AND stupid.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I can't believe I've read two of his books. I need to find them and make sure they end up in the trash.

Has anyone been listening to sports talk radio? The hosts I've listened to cannot seem to fathom why anyone would need a gun or that there even is a Second Amendment.

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    Every time I think I've seen the biggest pile of :poop:... someone comes along with an even larger pile of :poop:! :xmad:

Seriously though... what's with the Feinsteins?! It's like they're part of a hive mind or something... either that or it's one hell of a coincidence.

I like how the majority of the comments on that article are pretty much ripping him an new one though :D

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It is no more unconstitutional to say players can't own guns than it is to say they must be subjected to drug testing when there is no evidence they have used drugs, or saying they can be fined for speaking their mind about officiating.

That statement is exactly right anyway. "No more" than "completely."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am bitter over that article.:D

This is my favorite part:

So let's not use the constitution as an excuse.

No, not the Constitution! Now the Bill of Rights is simply an "excuse"?:rolleyes:

Seems like NFL players cannot handle firearms. I say we volunteer to train them.

Isn't this what the media wants with teens and sex? Education, right?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't mind it so much when they are as completely out in left field as this writer. They make themselves such easy targets to lampoon. It ends up helping our cause.
    We should hold the inverse to be true as well. When we careen too far from our supported positions and get overly emotional we can do as much damage by fueling the antis and running off the fence sitters.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Now, let's not start screaming about the Second Amendment. Why should we? After all it just identifies our individual right to keep and bear arms.To begin with, the amendment should be abolished -- a sensible interpretation of the amendment is that it was written to allow the people to raise a militia for protection and to hunt for food. Can someone show me where this clown gets that definition from the 2nd Amendment? Clearly no one needs to raise a militia these days, and those who hunt for a living can be licensed to do so. WTF?:nuts:
    It would be nice if President-elect Obama had the time to focus his energies on repeal of the Second Amendment, Sure it would, then next it will be the First and the rest of those annoying Amendments. but he first has to deal with a broken economy and the incredibly wrong-headed war started by his predecessor. Bush can be blamed for everything, including Global Warming.What's more, the issue of gun rights causes almost as much screaming from the right as abortion rights, the irony being that those yelling the loudest about the right to life are usually those yelling almost as loud about their right to carry weapons that kill. Somebody needs to tell this douche bag that we carry weapons that kill to protect lives, not to take them needlessly? Using his theory why would law enforcement need guns?
    The Second Amendment isn't going to be abolished any time soon. Well at least he got one statement right. It won't be abolished soon as long as there are many who help to protect it.
    I'm still trying to figure out why any of the above was in a sports article?
    That should not prevent the NFL -- and all sports leagues -- from taking handguns away from their players. It is no more unconstitutional to say players can't own guns than it is to say they must be subjected to drug testing when there is no evidence they have used drugs, or saying they can be fined for speaking their mind about officiating.
    So let's not use the constitution as an excuse. If the NFL owners are concerned about guns -- and they should be -- they need to make the union understand why it is important that it be concerned, too. Baseball, basketball and hockey should do the same thing. The leagues need to do something about their players and their guns.
    It saddens me that someone like this has such a prominent voice. It saddens me even more to know how uneducated he is about our Rights and how ungrateful he is to live in such a great Country.

Top Bottom