• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier.Patriot

Plinker
    Apr 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I recently purchased (online) an Albanian SKS and I needed it shipped from the seller to an FFL. Having done business with BGF before, (I bought a Kel-Tec pocket rocket a couple of years ago from BGF) I decided to call them and see about using them for the FFL transfer. Whomever it was that I spoke to on the phone told me that the seller (another FFL) had to call them and then they would trade FFL info and get the deal done.

Fine, so far as it goes. Ever since I called BGF, however, neither I nor the FFL seller can get through on the phone to make arrangements. This has gone on for the past two days. I finally gave up and went with another FFL that I found by searching for FFLs on Gunbroker.

I've read on other posts that this is a tough market for gun stores. Well you lost $25 because you either don't have enough phone lines or you don't have enough people answering the phones or both.

scottka

Master
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm not sure you can really blame them though... I mean all of the gun shops I've been to recently have been on the phone almost constantly for background checks. I've seen them (not BGF specifically) hand the phone to other employees to do multiple background checks in a row and not even have time to hang up between purchases. It's a weird time right now in the firearm world. Everything is out of whack. Not to offend you, but why should your transfer be more important than those in the store waiting for their 4473 to be approved so they can take home the gun they purchased from BGF?

ETA: You ought to try getting through on the phone to Whittaker Guns in KY. You had to rub a magic lamp to get through when times were slow. I can't imagine what it is like now. Don't blame the gunshop. Blame the craziness...

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I had the same problem yesterday. I made a online purchase and was needing a FFL transfer. The seller said that if I could get the FFL to them in 30 minutes then it would ship that day. If not, it would ship tomorrow. So I called BGF&R and the phone was busy for at least 30 minutes or more. So, I waited, and waited, and waited some more.

I finally got through and told the CSR there my predicament. She said that Michelle was on her way out to lunch (probably could not get off the phone to even eat) and she would tell her. Five minutes later I get a email stating my package was ready w/shipping label and tracking number and that they indeed received the FFL.

What I am trying to say is, that the folks at BGF&R will go above and beyond.

And this is just one example.

Top Bottom