• ...and so much more!
  • Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Question About Canted Sights on 795

OK, so I searched the forum and couldn't find anything that quite answered my question, so here goes.

My first gun purchase was a Marlin 795 from Dicks. I've put about 700 rounds through it thus far, and no problems at all. However, I just got some Tech-Sights and lo! the front sight is, indeed, canted. Unfortunately, I hadn't known this was a common problem when I bought it and since both sights are canted equally, I actually didn't notice it until I put the new sights on (kinda dumb, right?). So here's my question: have any of you who have had this issue just gotten another hole drilled in the barrel instead of sending it back to Marlin? If so, does that really work, or should I just send it back?

Since it's my only gun at this point, I really don't want to wait 4-6 weeks for a replacement from Marlin (that's what the guy from Marlin said).

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I honestly never even noticed. Our first couple trips to the range were iron sights then I put a scope on her! I would send it in and get it fixed right. Doing anything yourself may void the warranty, assuming it has one. Besides, while she's away it gives you an excuse to go buy another gun!

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for your reply.
    True about the warranty. I just wish it wouldn't take so long...

Yeah, but you see, that costs money! :) I do want to get a Ruger 22/45 at some point though (the sooner the better!). Being under 21 makes it a little more complicated, unfortunately.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Mine were canted, and after I mounted my Tech Sites, I just canted my aim accordingly at Appleseed. No big deal until you get time to send it in for service. Or put a scope on, and you're done.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    My 795 was WAY off. Front sight sitting at 11:00. Barrel was installed wrong. Took almost 2 months for Marlin to replace the rifle.

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    rockhopper: Maybe I'll take it out to the range tomorrow and see what I can do with it and once I'm closer to having the cash for that Ruger, I'll send it in.

Rocket: Two months?? Dude! Yep, I'm definitely going to wait until I have something else to shoot.

Top Bottom