• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Absolutely incredible! There are more than just out of whack cops in Ohio. Hopefully something good comes out of this for the accused, or, at least the criminal cop gets whats coming to him.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    If I never go to Ohio again it will be too soon! What a waste of taxpayer money to attempt to prosecute Bartlet!

THAT LEO needs a long time-out and couch time with a shrink.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    They need to try and convict Bartlet to show he wasn't carrying legally. This will save the city millions probably if successful. I'd say they are trying to keep from wasting taxpayer money covering for Useless. It is a gamble.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Big gamble. They should lose that, because the guy was legal, and right there on the tape, officer roid rage wouldn't let him inform. He tried.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Maybe the money raised by the Ohio Concealed carry group to help with the legal defense could see this one run up the OH court system and get a higher court to strike down all or some of the must notify law, making it easier to get the rest of it removed on the legislative side of things.

And if it doesn't go that way, then it has the chance to completely clear the CCW'ers name with an acquittal and not just a dropped charge, which could be important should he ever decide to move somewhere "may issue" like NY, and maybe make things go a little quicker when he has to renew a non-lifetime OH permit.

Sig

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    I believe that any charges against officer Harless won't be brought until this trial is over. This article makes very little mention of Harless.

This is a sad use of the power of the office of the City of Canton Law Director, if I understand it correctly that is the right office.

It should be quite satisfying to see them get spanked (by the judge) when it is all over.

More interesting I see that Joseph Martuccio Law Director is up for election on November 8th. It would be interesting to see how he does but amazing to me, no one stepped up to oppose him, he is running unopposed!

Canton LWV Elections

I am leaning that officer Harless will continue to be employed with no restrictions and much less any prosecution. Reason for my thinking is a prosecuting law director this arrogant to pursue hapless Mr. Bartlett, doubtful will find any need to pursue officer Hapless. Joseph Martuccio will hardly have any incentive to do so as he is not even being opposed in the election now and with this on the mind of many.

Time will tell us for sure, I hope I am wrong on my officer Harless prediction.

Sig

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Case against Bartlett was tossed out today, nice.

I am not sure what I was hoping for on the election results, since he was unopposed. Maybe a bunch of write in's for a candidate to go against Joseph Martuccio. Fat chance, he received 100% of teh votes.

Read on another post that officer Harless is going to have a review in December. Should be interesting.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Rather disappointing. Yeah, the guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But Officer Harless was way out of line, his character questionable and a severe lack in professionalism.

Kind of frustrating cause the guy has the same last name as me.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    DUPE!

Maybe that was a bit preemptive. I'l just edit this post once everyone else starts their own thread. :D

On a side note...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! +1

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    PTSD? Oh please. I have PTSD from watching the video.

His third bad stop AFAWK and they hadn't realized there was a problem?

And why did Harless' partner search the backseat of a vehicle while an unsearched and unidentified driver remained in the front seat?

That's not very reassuring either.

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Well its about time!!!

Now here's hoping officer Harless gets what he deserves. IMO, he deserves some time in the grey-bar hotel in addition to losing his badge...

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    “I think that anyone that watched that video will come to the same conclusion that no law was broken,” he said. “But his civil rights were violated.”

Do you think?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    “I think that anyone that watched that video will come to the same conclusion that no law was broken,” he said. “But his civil rights were violated.”

Do you think?
    No law, as in, Bartlett violated no law by his actions.

He can still bring a civil rights lawsuit against the city and PD. He would seem to have a pretty good case.

Top Bottom