• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When they had the property at Raymond and Harding it was great.
    The property off 144 used to be nice, but I wasn't impressed with the property on Troy. It reminded me of a pay lake.
    Spent a good bit of my childhood roaming around the lakes on Raymond st.

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Been a member for around 27 years. Was also on the BOD for a while. Cant lie the property on Raymond street was the best. Our lease was up with Eli Lilly and they didn't want to renew it. The property on Troy can be deceiving. It may look like a pay lake but it's no where close to being like one. That lake in the deepest spot is around 72 feet. There are a lot of huge cats, carp, crappie, and bass. The biggest flathead I've seen wa 54 lbs and thw biggest blue cat I've seen was 55 pounds caught out of there. There was a 60 lb grass carp taken out of there as well. The bass average 2 to 5 with a couple I've heard in the 8lb range. The farm has some huge fish as well but an over abundance of channel cats.
    Weekdays the place is only open till 11 and open 24 hours on weekends. Same with the farm down in Bargersville.
    There's usually two or three fishing rodeos a year as well as a couple hog roasts and other stuff. Generally both places are a great place to camp, tents are allowed, and bring the kids. Most of the people are pretty friendly and you don't have to worry about too much dumb stuff going on.
    If your interested stop by the Troy Ave. Lake and go ask the caretaker for an application. Your going to need a sponsor unless it's changed in the last year. If you do pm me and I'll sponsor you.

Top Bottom