• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pass or not there's still the possibility of them getting shot by the Secret Service if they wave their AR like idiots in front of the White House fence.

And if you are stupid enough to do that regardless of the side, maybe Darwin SHOULD interrupt your life. SMH

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why do you hate freedom???

I did qualify it with "maybe" :):

EDIT: Because in today's environment, even if you are justified and murdered due to draconian laws, your death will likely not register on the scale of martyrdom. The equivalent of "oh well. Just some uppity woman that wouldnt move to the back of the bus. No big deal. Who cares? She saw the sign, she knew better and deserved it."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Call me jaded, but something like the Boston Massacre happening today wouldnt have near the power that it did back then.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I did qualify it with "maybe" :):

EDIT: Because in today's environment, even if you are justified and murdered due to draconian laws, your death will likely not register on the scale of martyrdom. The equivalent of "oh well. Just some uppity woman that wouldnt move to the back of the bus. No big deal. Who cares? She saw the sign, she knew better and deserved it."

Sitting in the wrong seat on a bus is a tad different than waiving a rifle around in front of one of the most protected buildings in the multiverse. But hey, do what you are big enough to do. Well maybe not you personally.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sitting in the wrong seat on a bus is a tad different than waiving a rifle around in front of one of the most protected buildings in the multiverse. But hey, do what you are big enough to do. Well maybe not you personally.

Just trying to illustrate how split our society is today. Unlike decades ago where everything was black or white, today the 65,000 shades of grey water down what is right/wrong in society. I doubt anything like Rosa Parks will be nearly as EFFECTIVELY polarizing as it was then. There is just too much grey (and apathy) in the average citizen's mind to get as worked up as our parents and grandparents did. (maybe she identifies as a white woman?, etc)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just trying to illustrate how split our society is today. Unlike decades ago where everything was black or white, today the 65,000 shades of grey water down what is right/wrong in society. I doubt anything like Rosa Parks will be nearly as EFFECTIVELY polarizing as it was then. There is just too much grey (and apathy) in the average citizen's mind to get as worked up as our parents and grandparents did. (maybe she identifies as a white woman?, etc)

I sympathize with those that are unjustly persecuted (or prosecuted). I don't sympathize with dumbasses that perform actions that they know could get them prosecuted (or persecuted). I guess I am really failing to see what your point is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I sympathize with those that are unjustly persecuted (or prosecuted). I don't sympathize with dumbasses that perform actions that they know could get them prosecuted (or persecuted). I guess I am really failing to see what your point is.
    We are on the same page.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.*

*Prizes may or may not be assigned based on your particular political affiliation.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would have to disagree, appearance has gone by the wayside, there aren't too many sharp uniforms out there anymore (MSP still looks good), now it's fatigues with badges sewn on them in a lot of cases, grooming standards aren't even maintained in a lot of departments. I agree though NJ does look over the top.
    Have you ever seen an ISP Trooper? Wool uniforms marching about during the 500, or the Brickyard? Starched and creased, and 85-105*. As far as ISP goes, appearance is next to everything!?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Your broad brush is pretty amazing. You overestimate your experience and it makes you look and sound like a fool to those who have a ****ing clue.
    You are a better man than I. I refrained from responding to that silly post for fear of saying something I'd regret ;)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Have you ever seen an ISP Trooper? Wool uniforms marching about during the 500, or the Brickyard? Starched and creased, and 85-105*. As far as ISP goes, appearance is [STRIKE]next to[/STRIKE] everything!?

FIFY. And don't forget the mandatory campaign hat. :):

-ISP, Retired (2014).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    FIFY. And don't forget the mandatory campaign hat. :):

-ISP, Retired (2014).
    That is definitely a "public image" thing. Enlisted Military Training Instructors wear them in the Air Force. Image? Absolutely! Functional? Not so much.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Your broad brush is pretty amazing. You overestimate your experience and it makes you look and sound like a fool to those who have a ****ing clue.

I applaud your restraint and the pithy, straightforward way you responded.

Even while spending the last part of my LE career as a Headquarters Puke, I still trained and qualified on a patrol rifle. I know it was incredibly unlikely that I would ever need it, but if I ever found myself in that situation, it is better to need it.

Also, how many of us are veterans with significant experience with M16/M4 rifles? The officer in the photo that this "expert" is railing on about is an outlier.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    That is definitely a "public image" thing. Enlisted Military Training Instructors wear them in the Air Force. Image? Absolutely! Functional? Not so much.

Not entirely non-functional! The broad brim is good for keeping the rain out of one's face and neck, IF you had the foresight to bring the rain cover.

However, there is a lot of care that goes into it, especially the felt winter hats. Failure to keep it in a hat press results in warping, or, if wet and allowed to dry, the sides curl up like a pepperoni baked on a pizza. As TI's (and Army DI's) know, image fails if the hat is not 100%.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I WAS going to respond but looks like there are a LOT of mud slingers permitted on here. I don't like dirt so I don't play with the pigs.

Top Bottom