• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    2007 Dodge Caravan with no cold air. I hooked up a can to the low pressure port and the pressure gauge showed 10, so I added a can, which did bring up the pressure to ~25(?), but no coldness, and the compressor didn't kick in at all, so I, of course, started another can (both are small cans), but after a certain point, the pressure just tanked, back down to 10.

I noticed that if I just sat there and watched the pressure in the system, that it'd v-e-r-y slowly rise from 10 to 20. Finally, I heard the compressor cycle and the pressure rose all the way to 60 before cycling back low. It cycled 3 times then stopped, at low. No more cycling.

Also, when the cooling fan kicked in, the pressure steadily dropped back down to 10.

When I turn off the A/C from the cabin, the pressure rises to 60. When I turn it back on, I can hear the compressor cycle and pressure drops, and stays dropped--it's as if the compressor isn't turning off.

And, FWIW, I did change the temperature setting from cold to hot and there is a temperature difference, so I know the blender door works correctly.

Thoughts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Top Bottom