• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I tried to recharge the AC on my wife's 2004 Ford Taurus tonight. I purchased a recharge canister with a gauge on it. I tried to hook the canister up but it would not fit on the valve. The valve was too large for the canister. It was large enough that it was not going to work. I recharged the AC on my truck last year and it went fine. Am I missing something?

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    There are two valves for your ac system and you found the larger one. You will need to look around that area a little more and there should be a smaller one that will fit your recharge kit.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    He's right^^^if it needs more, it leaks, fix it so no damage occurs (even though the have safeties for that). BUT, find the larger diameter line that has the charging port on it. This is the low side (suction) port u want. Do NOT try to use the small diameter line (discharge), pressures are too high. This is why the fittings are different, of course.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Of course if you need to recharge a closed loop system, you have a leak. Get it fixed first.

He's right^^^if it needs more, it leaks, fix it so no damage occurs (even though the have safeties for that). BUT, find the larger diameter line that has the charging port on it. This is the low side (suction) port u want. Do NOT try to use the small diameter line (discharge), pressures are too high. This is why the fittings are different, of course.

Depends on how much the vehicle is worth to you. If you can get by with adding one or two cans every year then I say go for it. As long as it's r134a;)

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Have the pressures check 1st, too much refrigerant is as bad as not enough, I see it all the time when someone has added a "couple of cans" then they get upset that the compressor has blown a seal, most European cars hardly hold more than 2lbs

Top Bottom