• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Might also look into a buying service. Haven't done it recently, but did it in the past. Many credit unions have a connection to such a service, and they will take what you are looking for, find the best match and provide you a price of an actual car. If you want it, accept & take, if you don't, there was no commitment (at least that's how it worked when I did it). Their fee was built into the price that they provided, so if you like the price all good, no other fees, etc.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Let's say you are interested in a certain model and trim level of a car including color that the dealer does not have in inventory. You agree on a price and the value of your trade. My guess is that the dealer will try to sell you something similar from his inventory. You say no and insist on exactly the model and trim you want. The dealer locates your match at a dealership hundreds of miles away.

Can the dealer get that car and sell it to you at the agreed price? I ask because I am considering two cars that are not in any local invenetories that I can find on line.

Can they? absolutely. They can also absolutely not if they feel like it.

Yes but make sure the trade includes going to get it with a roll back tow truck. If not they will just drive the car back and add more miles. Plus u have some kid driving your new car back like a maniac. U don't want that do u???

I did that a bit back in school. I drove em like any other car. It's the old guys that are nutz. I was usually last back in a group when pacing the fast traffic.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner as I was on vacation.
    The last car I bought I found in Sarasota. They paid my airfare to come down and get it. I drove it back myself.
    AND my local bank (Huntington) wouldn't touch the financing because it was out of state, despite the fact that I put 2/3 down. (nice doing business with you). No problem, I got it financed in Missouri. Dealer was a pleasure to work with and handled everything including the IN BMV for both 2017 and 2018 plates.

Top Bottom