• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rugerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    thats a really goood question but i honestly would never want to shoot anybody unless i had to but if i had the situation under control i would honestly just have him on the ground at gun point.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Thought this was interesting tid bit from the article. A reminder to do a quick check in the back seat before entering your vehicle.

...hid in the victim’s car while it was parked...

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Thought this was interesting tid bit from the article. A reminder to do a quick check in the back seat before entering your vehicle.

Pierceton Woods Academy is a place for troubled boys, the gun may turn out to be the drivers.

If it was the driver's gun, was it left unsecured in the vehicle or did he try to draw the gun to defend himself?

Last edited:

Dylm09

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    This guy used to be a man of the law, he knew he had the situation under control.

The Academy is at fault here the kid was missing for 24hrs, the firearm was not the drivers. The 17 year old obtained the gun from a careless gunowner's vehicle.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Read this earlier and it got me thinking. If I had just been shot and then am able to obtain control of the firearm, do you use it on the attacker? Or hold him at gun point as this victim did?

Yeah, if it seems like I may be bleeding bad enough to lose consciousness, do I want to leave the perp in a position to take control again? It might be something that has to be considered.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    The article starts out saying: "The victim suffered a small caliber gunshot wound to the chest and is hospitalized in serious condition" and then says at the end "The victim is reportedly recovering at home"

Which???

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Question is... when did the threat end? If your S.A. is down and you manage to get shot, wrestle the gun away from the perp, I don't think the threat has ended there.

Take that for what it's worth but I won't elaborate :)

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Lesson??

My lesson learned from this story... keep your car locked.

^^^This is true to a point:

The thug will go to another car?

The PRO will "slim jim" your car open?

You WILL notice the shattered glass next to your car?

In this case keeping the Little Thug locked up would go a long way in preventing the problem...Bill.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    thats a really goood question but i honestly would never want to shoot anybody unless i had to but if i had the situation under control i would honestly just have him on the ground at gun point.

Good point, the point of any firearm use should be to STOP the threat, thusly, as the situation was under control, no further escalation was needed.

treeevis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I deliver steel to the place the victim works. As of this morning he was still in serious condition according to his coworkers. As for pierceton woods there is no security to speak of. A few officers in a detention block but residents regularly walk from the dorms to the school unsupervised.

Dylm09

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    The victim is my father in law, and he is home doing well.

We must realize our responsibilty as gun owners and not leave our items we use to protect our selfs in a place where we or someone we know could become a victim of them.

This could have been prevented if the owner of the gun would have locked his vehicle. I dont think the juvinile would have proceeded to the next vehicle to lay and wait if he didnt have a wepon.

Also if the dentention center would have put out a notice that the juvinile was missing, the place of work would have been more alert to look for this person.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

We must realize our responsibilty as gun owners and not leave our items we use to protect our selfs in a place where we or someone we know could become a victim of them.

This could have been prevented if the owner of the gun would have locked his vehicle. I dont think the juvinile would have proceeded to the next vehicle to lay and wait if he didnt have a wepon.

Also if the dentention center would have put out a notice that the juvinile was missing, the place of work would have been more alert to look for this person.

WOW! Epic fail all around! I'm hoping your FIL makes a full recovery.

Last edited:

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm

Glad to hear he's doing well. Your probably right about the weapon possession and ambush. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Top Bottom