• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Arrest of driver

NYPD: "Not terror"; driver a 26-year-old male from the Bronx w/2 previous DWI arrests. One confirmed dead, 10+ injured.

DAH004gXgAAE3Oy.jpg:large

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    The FDNY said 13 people were being treated for injuries, and Reuters reported one person had been killed. The FDNY would not confirm any deaths.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    More video released now that shows the attack may have been deliberate.

So... a form of terrorism. Or just mass vehicular homicide attempt.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    More video released now that shows the attack may have been deliberate.

So... a form of terrorism. Or just mass vehicular homicide attempt.

Where would he have gotten the idea to do that?
    *dodges the 800 lbs gorilla in the room*

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He apparently was high on K2, and that he was seeing things. Not sure terrorism quite fits, based on what is known.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He apparently was high on K2, and that he was seeing things. Not sure terrorism quite fits, based on what is known.

Possibly but using this as a defense for reduced sentence should not even be considered.
    In fact, driving while using should put him in the highest bracket for sentencing. You know, the escape from New York program. Follow this line to be disintegrated or this one for life in prison.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Mental illness, drug induced or otherwise, isn't terrorism. We are bombarded with terrorist this and terrorist that and I think it's the first thing we think of anymore, even if it is so statistically rare.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Mental illness, drug induced or otherwise, isn't terrorism. We are bombarded with terrorist this and terrorist that and I think it's the first thing we think of anymore, even if it is so statistically rare.

I heard journalists say it was probably not terrorism because the guy was on drug.

But it's quite common for terrorists to be on all kinds of drugs, especially suicide bombers.

The guy that attacked French soldiers with a knife last month was both intoxicated and high.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I heard journalists say it was probably not terrorism because the guy was on drug.

But it's quite common for terrorists to be on all kinds of drugs, especially suicide bombers.

The guy that attacked French soldiers with a knife last month was both intoxicated and high.
    Intent, it is all answered here. WHY did he do this? If it was to further a political ideology then yes, it is terrorism. If he did it on purpose because the voices told him to, drug induced psychosis, he is just a mentally ill murderer.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Intent, it is all answered here. WHY did he do this? If it was to further a political ideology then yes, it is terrorism. If he did it on purpose because the voices told him to, drug induced psychosis, he is just a mentally ill murderer.

I get that.
    I was just saying because drugs are involved doesn't mean it cannot be terrorism.
    Terrorists often need drugs to get the "courage" to commit their actions.

Top Bottom