• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Yesterday in Noblesville there was a car show at the high school. This is a shoutout to the gentleman who owned the Willy's Jeep with the never fired Ma Deuce mounted on the back. I was the young man in the John Deere hat who was asking if it was the semi auto or the class III full auto version. I meant to ask you if you were an INGO member, but I am hoping you will find this. Good looking jeep. Seriously though, if you ever think about firing the Ma Deuce, get in touch with me, I will volunteer to go first!:D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Sounds like a cool Jeep. You're posting this and you don't have pics? :draw:

BTW, apparently I have a problem. When I first read the thread title, I could have sworn it said "car show shootout"! :D

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Sounds like a cool Jeep. You're posting this and you don't have pics? :draw:

BTW, apparently I have a problem. When I first read the thread title, I could have sworn it said "car show shootout"! :D

When my dad said he was going to a car show at the local high school, I didn't have very high expectations and didn't take a camera with me. :dunno:

I was pleasantly surprised though. The gentleman said he used to have a 1919 on it, but felt like he was just another guy with the Willy and a 1919 so he dropped the cash for the M2. It was beautifully done and a gorgeous piece.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    had to read this expecting something entirely different...................I coulda SWORE the title was car show SHOOTOUT!! needless to say i was a little confused (tho, that is pretty normal)

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    True But could he "temporarily" remove certain parts and render the gun inoperable and be OK?

He said that he didn't own anything that couldn't be made to function. If he removes the firing pin, he could call it a non firing replica (which at that point it would be, and what I was assuming he had done) and get away with it?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    had to read this expecting something entirely different...................I coulda SWORE the title was car show SHOOTOUT!! needless to say i was a little confused (tho, that is pretty normal)

i read the same thing, i kept reading it as shootout and thought someone had gone crazy at a car show

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    He said that he didn't own anything that couldn't be made to function. If he removes the firing pin, he could call it a non firing replica (which at that point it would be, and what I was assuming he had done) and get away with it?

I know that if i were to remove the firing pin (striker, actually) from my M&P pistol, and had it on school grounds... It wouldn't matter if I called it a non-firing replica or not.

It's still a firearm.

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nope.

IC 35-47-1-5
    "Firearm"
    Sec. 5. "Firearm" means any weapon:
    (1) that is:
    (A) capable of expelling; or
    (B) designed to expel; or
    (2) that may readily be converted to expel;
    a projectile by means of an explosion.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.3-2008, SEC.254.

Even w/o a firing pin, it is still a firearm. Now, fill the barrel with lead and weld the action up, and he would no longer have a "firearm".

Top Bottom