• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WildCard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    First off let me give you a little background before I ask the question. I am 42 and have been shooting all my life. About 3 years ago I started shooting 3 gun and pistol steel matches. I am a serious shooter no mall ninja crap. Now for the question - I am looking for a carbine class near Northwest Indiana. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WildCard
    If you are looking for training to help you with 3 gun find the best 3 gun competitor you can and train with them. If that is someone local great, if not traveling will be worth it to get the best training available. If that’s out of your budget/schedule look at videos produced by some of the better competitive shooters. A video dealing specifically with the kind of shooting you are doing will be more valuable than hands on training with someone who doesn’t understand your application.

WildCard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thank you for your replies gentlemen. Mr. Rose, 3 gun is great but I like to train in a more combat realistic manner than just run and gun. I have watched the MagPul dynamos videos (I think they are great) and would Lille some practical hands on training Lille that. Watching is great, doing is better! Thanks for your time and advice gentlemen.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you are willing to travel a little your options open up greatly. In Boone County (just north of Indy) the Sheriff there hosts EAG Tactical, Yavapai Firearms Academy, and Gunsite every year.

PD Training holds carbine courses a few counties east of Indy.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Keep an eye out in this forum for upcoming classes. Nappanee Conservation Club hosts many instructors through out the year. In fact Henk Iverson will be teaching a AK class in September there.

Also check out Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute.

MDFI - Home

They have several one day carbine classes. They will also host classes here in Indiana from time to time.

WildCard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'm fine with traveling just trying to find the best training for an affordable price as close to the house as possible. Thanks

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    there is no better out there than henk iverson. he is a real world instructor with many years of knowledge training anti-terrorism units, military and SF, police and civilians. you can send me a private message if you want to contact his people...

WildCard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    Ok, it says my post count is not high enough to send you a PM. If you could forward that contact information to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Darthfader

troy_mp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tactical Response

WildCard:

I've taken several classes with Tactical Response and have always felt like they were well worth the time, travel and money.

http://www.tacticalresponse.com/

Their "Fighting Pistol" class is being taught near Seymour, IN later this month per ... http://www.tacticalresponse.com/course.php?courseID=73
    Additionally there are several how-to videos on YouTube featuring James Yeager, Tactical Response's owner.

If real-world training is your focus you'll get what you want in abundance.
    I'm happy to answer any questions/concerns you may have.

Here's the link to an After-Action-Report I wrote two years ago after having attended Tactical Response's "Fighting Pistol". https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/100999-seymour_training_opportunity_tactical_response.html#post1178685

Take care,

Troy

WildCard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    Darthfader, I got ur pm and tried to respond. It says my post count is to low to send you a pm. Thank you all for the great info!

Troy_MP, I'll look into Tactical Response.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL

We do, Esrice! We're actually looking at dates in October right now for our Level I Rifle Course.

Thanks for the plug! :ingo:

And the guys at ACT are great!

And if you want to train with Farnam, I'm his course coordinator for Rochester!

Top Bottom