• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for the fun, guys! Although the bad advice of "You dont need a 30rd mag because we normally download to 10" REALLY sucked a** for me. Had I known I'd need more than my 15s on 2 of the 5 stages, I would have brought the 33's. :bat:

No worries though. I had no illusions of scoring better than the 40-50th percentile, and I still had fun. :rockwoot:

Though it did illustrate my entry level AR-9 with no LRBHO makes it an absolutely crappy choice for a competition rifle if I want to have a chance at success. So I did learn something today, and that is a good thing. Given how slow this is to reload, I think I need to work on simply taking the penalties of dropping a mag early if I continue to run this particular gun. (3 sec penalty vs 4-5sec reloads)

Looking forward to the next one. I shot this as my "August outing"* since I'll be travelling on vacation both ACC and Wilcat IDPA weekends. Maybe I can hit the August carbine match and hope the wife forgets today and I get to double up. SHHHHHH! "But honey! I didnt get to shoot IDPA either weekend in August so I need to go hit the carbine match..." :whistle:

*wife and I agree that I shoot one match per month to strike a balance of me time vs family time since I travel so much for work. She gets her time each month as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Thanks for the fun, guys! Although the bad advice of "You dont need a 30rd mag because we normally download to 10" REALLY sucked a** for me. Had I known I'd need more than my 15s on 2 of the 5 stages, I would have brought the 33's. :bat:

No worries though. I had no illusions of scoring better than the 40-50th percentile, and I still had fun. :rockwoot:

Though it did illustrate my entry level AR-9 with no LRBHO makes it an absolutely crappy choice for a competition rifle if I want to have a chance at success. So I did learn something today, and that is a good thing. Given how slow this is to reload, I think I need to work on simply taking the penalties of dropping a mag early if I continue to run this particular gun. (3 sec penalty vs 4-5sec reloads)

Looking forward to the next one. I shot this as my "August outing"* since I'll be travelling on vacation both ACC and Wilcat IDPA weekends. Maybe I can hit the August carbine match and hope the wife forgets today and I get to double up. SHHHHHH! "But honey! I didnt get to shoot IDPA either weekend in August so I need to go hit the carbine match..." :whistle:

*wife and I agree that I shoot one match per month to strike a balance of me time vs family time since I travel so much for work. She gets her time each month as well.

We don't have an official date yet: but we are looking more like Sept for the next match. Still working on scheduling. Also, I think this was the most 9mm AR style carbines we have ever seen at one our matches and I was a bit surprised by the amount of issues folks were having with them. I believe one shooter experienced a broken bolt!

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I confirmed this with Mike and Mike but it was announced at the shooter's meeting that there would be no procedural for dropping a mag on the ground, I didn't do it on my squad, if you're SO did it was in error. CM - I don't see you in the results?

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    We don't have an official date yet: but we are looking more like Sept for the next match. Still working on scheduling. Also, I think this was the most 9mm AR style carbines we have ever seen at one our matches and I was a bit surprised by the amount of issues folks were having with them. I believe one shooter experienced a broken bolt!
    That was me - sheared off the gas key. I'm not a hundred percent sure PCC's are ready for primetime yet.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    My CZ Scorpion runs flawlessly. But when I have to clean it, I wish it was a gas gun. When the bolt blows back, it shoots soot into every hard to clean spot imaginable. Including the magazine.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I confirmed this with Mike and Mike but it was announced at the shooter's meeting that there would be no procedural for dropping a mag on the ground, I didn't do it on my squad, if you're SO did it was in error. CM - I don't see you in the results?

I'm there. You probably didnt look far enough down in the standings. Keeeeeeep scrolling. :laugh:

As to the procedurals, they were talking about standard 3 second dings for dropping a mag early to gain a speed advantage, (before last round is fired) not the "bullets in the mag retention" rule. I couldnt slow my brain down enough to actually be confident I could count the rounds and drop it at the correct time so I just powered through it.

Cant wait for the next one. And I think I found an upper with a BHO mechanism in it. Might be worth the $130 investment.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    At the shooter's meeting there was some discussion of a 2-gun match coming up.

Is there any information posted about that yet?

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    All AR 9's have a gas key, the only thing it's used for is a track for the charging handle and an anti rotation device for the bolt. Come on Rhino pay attention. :ar15:

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I'm there. You probably didnt look far enough down in the standings. Keeeeeeep scrolling. :laugh:

As to the procedurals, they were talking about standard 3 second dings for dropping a mag early to gain a speed advantage, (before last round is fired) not the "bullets in the mag retention" rule. I couldnt slow my brain down enough to actually be confident I could count the rounds and drop it at the correct time so I just powered through it.

Cant wait for the next one. And I think I found an upper with a BHO mechanism in it. Might be worth the $130 investment.

My NFA has LRBHO. And a repaired bolt ! :n00b:

Top Bottom