• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    The drizzle was tolerable. Nothing got soaked. I think I heard there were 40+ of us that saw the dreary forecast and showed up regardless.
    Even with it being wet, I cant think of anything to really complain about. It was a really good day of shooting.
    Definitely looking forward to the next one!

Indyrubi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Other than the rain it was a great time. Had alot of fun at it. Was alittle nervous at first having never done anything like this with a rifle.
    Mounted a gopro on the rig and it worked out ok but the battery went dead half way thru. Only got four on video.
    Cant wait for the next match.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=064IxtjdgLo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwWiGZUYgac[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laO-OClXFE8[/ame]

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    We want to think everyone who braved the weather today and attended our first carbine matchat ACC. Given the weather conditions we had 40 shooter show up and compete and for that we are very grateful to our shooters, our RO's and other Atlanta members who help us both Saturday/Sunday to make this match happen. This is a volunteer sport and without help from everyone involved events like this don't happen. Thanks again and hope to see everyone at the next match!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scores have been emailed out to competitors.

Thanks everyone for an enjoyable match and for sticking it out despite the rain. We hope everyone had fun and perhaps learned something new or got to shoot from a position they've never shot from previously. Lots of ARs with optics, a couple AKs, SCARs, one XCR, and an AUG. We had a few pistol cal carbines; we allowed AR/AK "pistols" in this match but in the future we need guns to have stocks. Disappointed to see no WW2 guns at this match, but we hope to see more of those in the future!

Congrats to Joe T, Larry W, Mike C, and Matt S for winning their respective divisions. For the record, a couple people did shoot "Junior"; those folks are NFE for the babysitter list....

If anyone has the email address for Mike Albin, please forward this to him. He opted to be "off the grid" with no email.....

We plan 1-2 more matches at ACC this year (possibly summer, likely fall) and we hope to see everyone there.

Thanks to all those who helped plan, setup, support, and cleanup for this match; we couldn't do it without you.

Thanks,
    Mike W

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Scores have been emailed out to competitors.

Thanks everyone for an enjoyable match and for sticking it out despite the rain. We hope everyone had fun and perhaps learned something new or got to shoot from a position they've never shot from previously. Lots of ARs with optics, a couple AKs, SCARs, one XCR, and an AUG. We had a few pistol cal carbines; we allowed AR/AK "pistols" in this match but in the future we need guns to have stocks. Disappointed to see no WW2 guns at this match, but we hope to see more of those in the future!

Congrats to Joe T, Larry W, Mike C, and Matt S for winning their respective divisions. For the record, a couple people did shoot "Junior"; those folks are NFE for the babysitter list....

If anyone has the email address for Mike Albin, please forward this to him. He opted to be "off the grid" with no email.....

We plan 1-2 more matches at ACC this year (possibly summer, likely fall) and we hope to see everyone there.

Thanks to all those who helped plan, setup, support, and cleanup for this match; we couldn't do it without you.

Thanks,
    Mike W

Thanks Mike. I forwarded this on to Mike Albin.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thank you to the Mikes and everyone else who helped make this happen.

Disappointed to see no WW2 guns at this match, but we hope to see more of those in the future!

Maybe I can help that later this summer. I've probably met my WW2 rifle quota for your matches, but if I don't get more powder and bullets by about mid-summer I may be forced to bring an oldie due to my ammo supply.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    So no July 20 then?

Their will be a match at HCFG on July 20, but the club has more restrictions on who can attend and the number of shooters allowed which we will post more about as we get closer. Best case is summer/fall for the next carbine match at ACC because of scheduling conflicts.

Top Bottom