• Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Will safe queens be abused?

There is a chance you'll nick something up on a barricade. While technically you should shoot from behind a barricade I have had instructors not wish to risk damaging them. You'll notice in my avatar pic, I've had instructors say put the muzzle through the holes. I'm not sure yet how Slim will want to run the course.

You will be moving and shooting from various positions as well.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I'm really interested in attending this class, but my work schedule coming up is really up in the air. Is there a refund possibility if I'm not able to attend?
    As far as I know there is no refund available because clicking the box for a spot at any of the Revere's Riders events means someone else can't sign up. If you're not there it means we'll have to run the course with an empty slot. Since we're an all volunteer organization and run on a shoe string budget, sometimes it's really hard to find last minute replacements due to gaps in our promotional budget. We simply don't have a lot of advertising money. (Filling the lines really helps with that.)

That said, if you're interested in taking the course and can't make it because of work, just let me (or TJ) know and we'll make sure you get to attend a future event. We're a local enough crew that we can simply take down your name and number and then make it happen at the next one.

Will safe queens be abused?
    No. Chances are good your rifle won't touch the ground during the whole event.

There is a chance you'll nick something up on a barricade. While technically you should shoot from behind a barricade I have had instructors not wish to risk damaging them. You'll notice in my avatar pic, I've had instructors say put the muzzle through the holes. I'm not sure yet how Slim will want to run the course.
    We're going to be shooting from behind a few barricades and over a few. You may rest your rifle on the barricade during a particular course of fire if you choose to do so.
    You will be moving and shooting from various positions as well.
    We'll be shooting from behind barricades on some stages and over them on others. You may rest your rifle on the barricades if you choose.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I've had a couple people tell me they'd like to take the course but don't have a chest rig and several mags or those tactical pants, etc.

This isn't going to be a super duper operator course. There is the option to make it that if you'd like (by personally wearing all your stuff if you have it) but it's more or less a "basic" or "intro" carbine course. Most of the day we'll be using two magazines and you can easily keep one in your pants pocket. We'll be shooting just a few rounds at a time and there isn't any climbing over barricades or rolling under cars or anything like that. We'll be walking around obstacles and the most "operator" stuff we'll do on day one is a mag change. As long as you can put an extra mag in your back pocket or a cargo pocket, or even stuff it into your belt, you'll be fine.

Our carbine clinic is the first step in getting you up off your belly and more comfortable with walking around armed with a carbine. If you have any questions about the course or concerns you don't have the gear required, please let me know. If you'd like to take the course, by all means, sign up!

Top Bottom