• ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    View attachment 193037
    I got this in a tracking email from a place I bought an item.
    How exactly do they do this?
    It has usps tracking number.
    Googleable.

Ripped from a website:
    Whenever a package is shipped, the amount of emissions used to do so are calculated so carbon credits can be purchased to offset the emissions.

Didn't know this was a burgeoning aspect of industry. Learned something today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Googleable.

Ripped from a website:
    Whenever a package is shipped, the amount of emissions used to do so are calculated so carbon credits can be purchased to offset the emissions.

Didn't know this was a burgeoning aspect of industry. Learned something today.
    Carbon credits are the biggest sham ever. No carbon is actually reduced, but money is spent to assuage someone's guilt. :rolleyes:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Carbon credits are the biggest sham ever. No carbon is actually reduced, but money is spent to assuage someone's guilt. :rolleyes:
    Agreed. My overall impression is that carbon credits are just another wealth-transfer scam.

The shippers are doing it for virtue signaling/marketing. The costs (I'm guessing, but pretty sure) are passed along to the consumer...again.

So the shipping company gets good PR advertising, the purchased carbon credits collects extra money taken from the consumer and sends it to a third party (from whom the carbon credits are being purchased) that shall go unnamed.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Agreed. My overall impression is that carbon credits are just another wealth-transfer scam.

The shippers are doing it for virtue signaling/marketing. The costs (I'm guessing, but pretty sure) are passed along to the consumer...again.

So the shipping company gets good PR advertising, the purchased carbon credits collects extra money taken from the consumer and sends it to a third party (from whom the carbon credits are being purchased) that shall go unnamed.
    Yup

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You know those green things on the nice green trees that turn brown and fall off? They start emitting Hydrocarbons even before they fall off.

If you try to dig a hole and bury leaves, the hydrocarbons from prior centuries of rotting vegetation rapidly emit hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.

If a log lays on the ground and rots away, it emits almost the same amount of carbon over time, that it emits if you burn it in a fire pit.

Don't be surprised if all these tree hugging greenies will want to start charging carbon tax on your trees and making you seal your law with plastic.

Carbon credits for the environment, indeed......

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I think I just recieved a package from FED-X that put out an excessive bit of carbon. Started in GA sent to Indy then back to KY then to Chicago. At least from there it went to Layfette and then delivered to Eugene. Drove me nuts reading the up dates. Jim.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I think I just recieved a package from FED-X that put out an excessive bit of carbon. Started in GA sent to Indy then back to KY then to Chicago. At least from there it went to Layfette and then delivered to Eugene. Drove me nuts reading the up dates. Jim.
    I'm surprised they figured out that it didn't need to go to the PNW as part of the trip..... :lmfao:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    You know those green things on the nice green trees that turn brown and fall off? They start emitting Hydrocarbons even before they fall off.

If you try to dig a hole and bury leaves, the hydrocarbons from prior centuries of rotting vegetation rapidly emit hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.

If a log lays on the ground and rots away, it emits almost the same amount of carbon over time, that it emits if you burn it in a fire pit.

Don't be surprised if all these tree hugging greenies will want to start charging carbon tax on your trees and making you seal your law with plastic.

Carbon credits for the environment, indeed......
    Well you do notice in all the sci-fi movies of the future how void of vegetation the landscapes are.

Reactions: Leo

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's see.

There are 2 guys who run businesses. Guy "A" uses fuel to manufacture and ship products, Guy "B" doesn't.

Guy "A" uses 10 carbon units a year. The Guy "B" uses 2.

The government arbitrarily says that both of them are limited to using 7 carbon units a year. However, Guy "B" can sell his excess carbon units to Guy "A".

At the end of the day, Guy "A" uses 10 carbon units. Guy "B" uses 2 Carbon units.

The only difference? Guy "B" pays taxes on the income from selling the mostly fictional carbon units, 3 to Guy "A" and the rest to others. Also, the government probably charges a transaction fee to transfer the units.

So what has changed? Nothing except money is changing hands, some to Guy "B" who likely has connections to whoever invented this system and some to the government.

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Let's see.

There are 2 guys who run businesses. Guy "A" uses fuel to manufacture and ship products, Guy "B" doesn't.

Guy "A" uses 10 carbon units a year. The Guy "B" uses 2.

The government arbitrarily says that both of them are limited to using 7 carbon units a year. However, Guy "B" can sell his excess carbon units to Guy "A".

At the end of the day, Guy "A" uses 10 carbon units. Guy "B" uses 2 Carbon units.

The only difference? Guy "B" pays taxes on the income from selling the mostly fictional carbon units, 3 to Guy "A" and the rest to others. Also, the government probably charges a transaction fee to transfer the units.

So what has changed? Nothing except money is changing hands, some to Guy "B" who likely has connections to whoever invented this system and some to the government.
    Enron comes to mind along with several other pollution laws of the past.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom