• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    Way back when I was 19 I got carded at walmart. I was buying 9mm. He said he couldn't sell it to me because I was under aged. After I argued it was for my Marlin camp 9mm (and offered to bring it in) he ended up selling it to me.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    what are your ages? I'm 30 and get carded about 90% of the time. I can imagine that number dropping below 20% of the time ten years from now.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm 31 and that's the first time I have been carded buying ammo. I do not look my age though. I have had some say they thought I was 18-20.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So, does anyone have an official list, and source, for what info is stored on the card?

And, if it is stored electronically, might it be "wiped" with a magnet?

A while back, someone posted a program that will read the optical code on the back of your DL. I got a copy of it, did a digital scan of my DL back, and read that with the program. It contains the exact info that's on the front of your DL, no more, no less.

License #
    Name
    Address
    DOB
    Ht
    Wt
    Hair color
    Eye color
    Restrictions
    Endorsements

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

kfarmerk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I wonder how different the situation would have been if you were carrying your weapon on your side and presented your personal protection permit as ID?????

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've been carded every time Ive bought ammo at somewhere like Walmart. Gun shops I haven't had it near as much. I never pull my ID out though, just let them look at it through the little pocket window in my wallet. I know I don't look my age at all, but its still a hassle IMO.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    For some reason rural king(vincennes) cards everyone that buys ammo(they say). Wierd thing is they just take a passing glance dont look at anything. Whats the use? One lady just looked at it in my wallet saidyour not from IL your ok. Can IL residents not buy ammo here.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I get carded whenever I buy ammo at Walmart, or Meijer for that fact. Just a fact of buying age restricted products.

Illinois residents must have a FOID card to buy ammo - it's probably legal for them to buy it here but I'm sure those shops in the border area would rather just not deal with getting compliant.

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    A while back, someone posted a program that will read the optical code on the back of your DL. I got a copy of it, did a digital scan of my DL back, and read that with the program. It contains the exact info that's on the front of your DL, no more, no less.

License #
    Name
    Address
    DOB
    Ht
    Wt
    Hair color
    Eye color
    Restrictions
    Endorsements

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

That barcode saves leo down time writing tickets. When I ride along with my son-in-law (state trooper) and he gives a ticket he scans that barcode and it prints all your info on the ticket for him. Saves a lot of time writing. Results in more tickets being wrote.

Top Bottom