• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I hate **** that seeks more to be fashion at the expense of usability. I made the mistake of buying a Columbia light weight jacket last year. When I tried it on in the store I was wearing short sleeves, and it seemed to fit. Arms were long enough. Fit in the shoulders and around the belly. I didn't really try to move my arms around in it. First time I wore it with a long sleeved shirt, I noticed its arms were really skinny. WTF? I could barely get my arms through with long sleeves.

Were you also wearing your painted on skinny jeans? Ha!

I'm with you, if it doesn't do the job I can't have it. I have a Walls hunting coat right now that goes with the coveralls set and I fight that #### ****ing S&&&&y zipper every time I wear it. I've never once said, "...yeah, but it was such a good deal." Bull S***!!! I don't want to stand in the cold, snow up to my knees, wrestling a zipper that won't work when I'm trying to get in the field. I'm not saying North Face makes a poor product, I only have the one experience so I'm not qualified to speak on their product, but I can tell you about Carhartt and Levis - their zippers work, they fit, they're rugged and warm. They work...longer than I do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Were you also wearing your painted on skinny jeans? Ha!

I'm with you, if it doesn't do the job I can't have it. I have a Walls hunting coat right now that goes with the coveralls set and I fight that #### ****ing S&&&&y zipper every time I wear it. I've never once said, "...yeah, but it was such a good deal." Bull S***!!! I don't want to stand in the cold, snow up to my knees, wrestling a zipper that won't work when I'm trying to get in the field. I'm not saying North Face makes a poor product, I only have the one experience so I'm not qualified to speak on their product, but I can tell you about Carhartt and Levis - their zippers work, they fit, they're rugged and warm. They work...longer than I do.

Well the skinny sleeves jacket is a Colulmbia, and NO, I don't wear [STRIKE]sissy ass[/STRIKE] skinny jeans.

I do have a North Face rain coat that is great for hiking and other non-rigorous uses because it's light weight and breathes well. If I'm sweating it's not because I'm wearing that. For most non-rigorous uses the nylon zipper isn't a bother. But I'm not going to chop wood while wearing it. Not that I've had to chop much wood lately, especially in the rain.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    For coats, carhartts....if I'm looking for a light jacket, I actually prefer Columbia fleece jackets over northface

Top Bottom