• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There has been some debate over this weapon. Some hate it. But I see it as a better weapon system than the AT-4 that the Army uses. The Rangers and Special Ops people use it. Mostly for its flexibility.

What I like is that is light (about 23 lbs, 10kg) with several options for rounds. One per squad would put some fire power at the front of battle.

I also think that the CG 844mm RR would match, and exceed, the RPG-7 which the opposition uses. The AT-4 has a range of 500 meters while the RPG-7 has a range of 900 meters. The CG 84mm has a range nearer to 1200m. So more and more units are going to the CG 84mm RR (M3). The dual use HEAT round (either ignites on contact or with a delay) is very popular. Also the older anti tank rounds do well on buildings and bunkers. It shines in its versatility...it can be an anti vehicle weapon and in an instant an anti troop weapon and unlike most shoulder fired weapons it does both of these rolls pretty well. The one other system is the MK 153 SMAW but its range is only 500m as well.

Some call it the 'Charlie-guts-ache' because it is a two-person 9kg monster, plus 3kg per round. So, max 2 rds per person, and they are big! The older version was even heavier. Not something you lug around on patrol. However the M3 (CG 84mm) is light weight compared to some of the older weapons. AT 9 kg with rounds at 3 kg each it is not the monster that some would like to make it. I believe that the RPG-7 has similar weight but lacks the indirect fire option.

The big thing is that you could have firepower at squad level without waiting for indirect fire (mortars or artillery) or calling in an airstrike.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    • Carl-Gustaf M3 the best multi-purpose weapon system

• Crew-operated
    • Man-portable
    • Multi-mission

Saab_Carl-Gustav_L2X0573%20300.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I've saw the Carl Gustav on different military channel shows. Very versatile. I think I would like to shoot one!

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One thing, it is a lot of fire power to have at squad level. With a 1200m range, you can put out some hurt. Anti tank, bunker buster or anti personnel. While the machine gun (SAW or IAR) does lay down fire, it does not take out buildings.

Think of what it would do if we could own them. Or afford to own one!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Think of what it would do if we could own them. Or afford to own one!
    What sucks is that according to the Bill of Rights, we should be able to own them if we can afford them without having to fill out some forms, take a picture and send fingerprints and undergo a wait to be approved. It doesn't even matter if they were in country before the "cut off date" either since I don't see any of that in the Second Amendment.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    One things about them is they REALLY rattle your teeth. Only a couple rounds a day per firer. Ive heard stories about a couple guys in my buddies ODA that showed concussion like symptoms after a lengthy battle.

Top Bottom