• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I sir am not a qualified firearms instructor and practice only under my scope of knowledge, thus prevents me from any legal obligations which would rebuff me from any and all accidents. :D
    You don't have to be a firearms instructor to be a good person. If I were to see someone like that, I would offer assistance. If they decline, well then maybe clearing out is the prudent thing to do. Otherwise a quick overview of basic safety and operation would benefit everyone.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    You don't have to be a firearms instructor to be a good person. If I were to see someone like that, I would offer assistance. If they decline, well then maybe clearing out is the prudent thing to do. Otherwise a quick overview of basic safety and operation would benefit everyone.

You are correct and I'm a great person.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    The booths can be very narrow when occupied by two people; mix in some inexperience and/or carelessness, and BANG!

I've shot there a few times and found the ROs to be reasonably attentive, but PB in Carmel does seem to have more than it's share of NDs.

Also, I find some of the replies about the ROs to be amusing, considering how often I've seen posts in other threads about PB's ROs being overzealous.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The booths can be very narrow when occupied by two people; mix in some inexperience and/or carelessness, and BANG!

I've shot there a few times and found the ROs to be reasonably attentive, but PB in Carmel does seem to have more than it's share of NDs.

Also, I find some of the replies about the ROs to be amusing, considering how often I've seen posts in other threads about PB's ROs being overzealous.

I was going to say that I was pretty surprised to hear comments about the RO's being inattentive at the Carmel location. Every time I've been there, the ROs were pretty laser focused.

Though, maybe it's because I shoot full auto most times I go and that draws extra special attention.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair

Not really. They are obsessed with silly rules instead of actually watching the customers. On my last trip, I watched a gun with a tiny 9 or .380 complain to his friends that it kept jamming. I watched him look down the barrel as if he could diagnose the problem that way. I packed up and told the guys at the counter.

The staff is not much better. A previous employee ND in the classroom while screwing with his pistol and now works for another range. I sent a complaint to a manager here on INGO after one of the employees was playing with the merchandise and pointing the weapon in the direction of people walking into the range.

PB is too crowded and most of the RSOs are too inexperienced.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Not really. They are obsessed with silly rules instead of actually watching the customers. On my last trip, I watched a gun with a tiny 9 or .380 complain to his friends that it kept jamming. I watched him look down the barrel as if he could diagnose the problem that way. I packed up and told the guys at the counter.

The staff is not much better. A previous employee ND in the classroom while screwing with his pistol and now works for another range. I sent a complaint to a manager here on INGO after one of the employees was playing with the merchandise and pointing the weapon in the direction of people walking into the range.

PB is too crowded and most of the RSOs are too inexperienced.

Inexperienced????
    I'm bettin' they had to watch a 2 minute film on gun and range safety to be a RO.

Top Bottom