• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I have a friend trying to find a range semi-close to home. Lives in Carmel/Westfield and is looking for rifle/pistol. We have been going to Atterbury since we can do clay/skeet as well but also go to IGC for shotguns only. It really doesn't matter much to me (I got to ECPR, IGC, and Atterbury) but what else is there to offer him?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    About 20 miles closer than Atterbury, and although it doesn't have anything more than a 25 yard, a 50 yard, a shotgun range is the DNR Wilber Wright range just north of New Castle, but it is FREE. About 50 miles from my place just off 146th st, but worth the trip because it is FREE!

There is the Hamilton County Fish and Game, as well as a range in Atlanta Conservation Club.

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club

I live in Noblesville, and I shoot at the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club (FCVCC). While it isn't free, I have had great luck there - good range, great people, reasonable cost to join and only ~ 25-30 minutes from the house. You can get more info here: FCVCC

Many of the folks I shoot with also shoot at FCVCC and they have enjoyed it as well. I'd recommend your friend give them a try ... if he'd like to try it out as a guest, have him PM me and we can work out details.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I live in Noblesville, and I shoot at the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club (FCVCC). While it isn't free, I have had great luck there - good range, great people, reasonable cost to join and only ~ 25-30 minutes from the house. You can get more info here: FCVCC

Many of the folks I shoot with also shoot at FCVCC and they have enjoyed it as well. I'd recommend your friend give them a try ... if he'd like to try it out as a guest, have him PM me and we can work out details.

Me too.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    He might want to consider Marion County Fish and Game Club.

Depending on where is located in Carmel/Westfield it may be a bit of a drive, but it's a great range and tough to beat at 110 a year for membership.

Note- there are some restrictions on long gun cartridges. The website has the details.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I live in Noblesville and am working on joining the Hamiliton County Fish and Game. They are really doing a lot of improvements to the ranges so you might want to check them out.

Haven't been able to shoot there yet but hopefully I will be a member sooner rather than later :)

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    4 stars for FCVCC!

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Right now I just have a pistol but think I'll end up with an AR and/or .22 rifle later in the year. Would anyone be willing to show me around FCVCC or HCFG on Saturday late morning / early afternoon? (weather forecast now is for mid-40's)

HCFG is closer but it seems they are closed to new members right now. And I have other things I do weeknights that would make the meetings difficult (are they required after joining?) to attend regularly.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Right now I just have a pistol but think I'll end up with an AR and/or .22 rifle later in the year. Would anyone be willing to show me around FCVCC on Saturday late morning / early afternoon? (weather forecast now is for mid-40's)

HCFG is closer but it seems they are closed to new members right now. And I have other things I do weeknights that would make the meetings difficult (are they required after joining?) to attend regularly.

You could do 1 meeting, the safety briefing and a work detail to make your required 3. After you're in, there's an annual requirement for a work detail (mowing, clean up, berm repair, work a shoot, etc...). I don't believe you have to attend meetings after you're voted in, but it's probably a good idea to do it and see where your membership dollars are going. Shoot anything except 50BMG or full auto.

I've only been a member for a couple of months, but I'm glad I joined. All the changes are exciting and everyone I've met so far have been good people. You might email jason (addy on the site) and inquire when they're going to open up membership again.

I can't speak to fall creek, but I chose not to do atlanta because they had no rifle range. Elwood and MCFG were too far of a drive for me. I seem to remember MCFG having a restriction on various caliber of long gun, but I've slept since then and could be mistaken.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I can't speak to fall creek, but I chose not to do atlanta because they had no rifle range. Elwood and MCFG were too far of a drive for me. I seem to remember MCFG having a restriction on various caliber of long gun, but I've slept since then and could be mistaken.

Yea I liked the MCFG setup when I was out there and I was interested in joining, but the idea of driving 31 miles each way is a turnoff. FCVCC is just 20 miles, and HCFG is 10 - I'm near 146th and 37. I wasn't sure sure of the time commitments for HCFG so I guess I'll consider them now as well.

Last edited:

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    ...Would anyone be willing to show me around FCVCC or HCFG on Saturday late morning / early afternoon? (weather forecast now is for mid-40's)
    If you're still thinking about checking out FCVCC on Saturday, shoot me a PM and let's see if we can't work something out. Love to show you around if we can work out schedules...

Top Bottom