• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    Last night I took my wife and kids to the movies in Plainfield (Carmikes Theater) after we found our seats and removed our coats I went to the concession stand as I was leaving the room I passed an employee that did a double take but did not stop me. I had on my Sneaky Pete Holster.

As I returned to the theater I was stopped by the same employee that identified himself as a security agent for the movie. He wanted to know what was on my hip. I ask what he needed to know this for, he told me that its the policy of the theater not to allow weapons of any type on the property. I showed him my permits to carry and with all the social media about Plainfield's "Brian Kill" felt more comfortable having my family in the theater.

Long story short - I was asked to leave by a side door, and could return thru the front door after I secured my weapon in my vehicle.
    We will wait for the movie to come out on DVD.

I checked the website of the Theater and did not see anything about this issue. I may have missed it but either way just wanted to make everyone aware that they are visually checking.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Concealed means concealed. Sneaky Pete obviously isn't very sneaky. I made it through Star Wars twice at an AMC theater with the same policies, with my Glock 23 IWB and just a t-shirt over it.

On a side note, movies are too expensive anyways.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've carried multiple times at Carmike, Pfield. 2 this week, concealed carry is your friend in these knee-jerk reactionary times! I've even had conversations with the uniformed officer who is usually there, nobody ever asked me to leave because they were unaware that I was armed!

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I always make sure my glock is concealed well at amc because that kind of treatment is stupidity. Hope the secret guard is willing to take responsibility for everyone in the theater's lives.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Theaters are one of the few places I make sure my EDC is covered. Even my current EDC, a Glock 20SF, went unnoticed when my son and I saw the new Star Wars last week. I just wear a bulky shirt that covers both gun and spare mags up.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Despite all the posters with guns promoting movies they don't like you carrying. Concealed means concealed, not sneaky.

Don't forget a bright flashlight at the movies too.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Yah that sneaky Pete looks like a giant fanny pack.

You should have told him it was your colostomy bag.

Get an iwb holster. I use alien gear. They're comfy and work. $40~

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Went concealed this morning to AMC on the southside, and not an issue to be had. Granted, I would have told them that their sign showed "No Berettas", and that is not what I was carrying.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Or if you want to be less gross, "insulin pump". Or "its a case for my none of your damned business". Let him prove what he thinks it is.

I would not have left through a side door. I would have left via the box office with my hard-earned money. Including any overpriced snack charges.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    In 18 years of carrying and frequently going to the movies, I've never been stopped, asked, or even glanced at. There are times when you can OC then there are times where conceal means conceal. I know how the world SHOULD BE in regards to citizens carrying but we must live in the world as we currently have it and realize that movie theaters are hyper sensitive to this issue. If you cannot guarantee CC while attending a movie, then better off staying at home.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    In 18 years of carrying and frequently going to the movies, I've never been stopped, asked, or even glanced at. There are times when you can OC then there are times where conceal means conceal. I know how the world SHOULD BE in regards to citizens carrying but we must live in the world as we currently have it and realize that movie theaters are hyper sensitive to this issue. If you cannot guarantee CC while attending a movie, then better off staying at home.
    Is this what they consider to be a Denny'd thread now?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Same here, never been asked if I was carrying, and I carry a full size SR9, or occasionally a full size 1911! I go to the movies fairly often, I do make sure it stays covered if I'm in the lobby, but I don't even worry about wearing a huge shirt.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I carry every time I go to the theatre. I've been asked to take it to my car once and never had an issue otherwise. I usually throw my t-shirt over it (I OC) and consider it good enough. A lot of times, I walk with my arms at my side or my girlfriend on my strong side to not draw attention to it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Anyone in the St. Joe county should head to Wonderland in Niles. There are no "No Gun signs", tickets ar $5 + $6 fir first run movies. Concessions are half what they are at the big theaters. I took my family up there a few weeks ago and spent $26 total for 4 people. Popcorn, candy and drinks.

Top Bottom