Carnage on Wall Street signals fears about U.S. economy ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I hope you buyers are right that we are anywhere close to the bottom...

I buy on set intervals. Twice a month. If it goes down further, Ill keep buying. If it goes up I'll keep buying too. In 15 or 20 years maybe I'll have enough to start selling and quit my job.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Learn to trade. My goal is 2% a day. This week was crappy. Still managed 1.03% today.

Is that net of brokerage fees and short term capital gains? And also any foregone credits, deductions, or subsidies due to the increase in AGI?

Not saying it should, shouldnt, would, or wouldn't be. Just curious.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. Don't try to "play the market." It's been shown time and time again that you're better off not trying to time the market and game it. You're better off to buy on set intervals and to buy across the spread.

Anyway, for me, it's a long game at this point. It'll bounce back, always does. Just depends how much time it takes.

I buy on set intervals. Twice a month. If it goes down further, Ill keep buying. If it goes up I'll keep buying too. In 15 or 20 years maybe I'll have enough to start selling and quit my job.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Is that net of brokerage fees and short term capital gains? And also any foregone credits, deductions, or subsidies due to the increase in AGI?

Not saying it should, shouldnt, would, or wouldn't be. Just curious.

I trade forex, my daily totals are calculated after commission is taken on each trade. This represents purely an increase in my trading acct size. No taxes have been accounted for.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    2% per day? Wow. This can add up quickly. Are you doubling your money every 30-40 days?

I treat it as income, withdrawals made weekly. And it is not always 2% daily. Heavy news days are no bueno, Volatility in the summer is low, that being said 2-3 trades from London open to NY close is all I need. As any of you who are traders know the biggest daily battle is not the markets it's yourself.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    A good place to start is here. Learn Forex Trading With BabyPips.com It is not gambling. I scalp, the Frankfurt, London and New York opens. My trades break even at 2.5 pips, my first take profit is at 3.5 pips then I let it trail to 10 pips. It takes patience and discipline to wait for perfect setups. It also takes a lot of screen time. I have spent 4-6 hours a day for the last 3 years watching charts studying the price action. Fridays H1 candle on EUR/USD was 76 pips. I only need 3.5 pips.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Up at 3am to trade London open, no good setups for 3 hours. Finally got a fill short at 1.09150 short. Take profit 1 hit then my trailing stop. This little move added .5% to my acct. 2016-01-20_0906.png

The good thing about getting up at 3am is that you get a lot of ***t done. Packed and ready for this weekends FTX.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    It's certainly not for everyone. Up to 1.28% for the day now.

So how long ago did you start and what is your total portfolio value as a percentage of the starting value? (i.e. you started at 100 and now have 150 = 150%).

How many hours a week would you estimate you spend to achieve these gains?

Honest questions. I'm curious.

Top Bottom