• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I took the family to Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus at Bakers Life Fieldhouse tonight 11/30/2012. Basically bag checks and that was it, and they weren't too worried. Gun of choice was a P3AT behind my belt buckle. Laced my pocket knife into my boot.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I took the family to Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus at Bakers Life Fieldhouse tonight 11/30/2012. Basically bag checks and that was it, and they weren't too worried. Gun of choice was a P3AT behind my belt buckle. Laced my pocket knife into my boot.

I have mixed feelings about this kind of post. On the one hand, it's nice to know the different screening procedures that are used. On the other hand, the procedures vary by event, so we don't know if the same information will apply next time. Also, does this provide the venue with more ideas regarding what to watch for?

Just my :twocents:.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have mixed feelings about this kind of post. On the one hand, it's nice to know the different screening procedures that are used. On the other hand, the procedures vary by event, so we don't know if the same information will apply next time. Also, does this provide the venue with more ideas regarding what to watch for?

Just my :twocents:.

It could give them ideas, I could imagine one of the security guards at these venues seeing one of these posts and changing their procedures accordingly. But that is probably a pretty slight chance.
    That being said I will say that my experiences at Banker's life had them being surprisingly more thorough in their security screening than at Lucas oil. The security at Banker's seemed to be made of several off duty LEO's, and they were asking people to lift up their pant legs when entering after wanding them on all sides and front and back. At Lucas Oil the security seemed to be made up by mostly workers that didn't have much training and weren't really paying attention to what they were doing.
    From my experience if you want to get a gun into an event it's really easy. The biggest thing is to pick out a line with a security guard who doesn't look like they do a good job. Maybe they are younger, maybe they are paying more attention to women walking by or talking to buddies they see...whatever. I noticed one huge security flaw that I had to laugh about at the Colts game I went to last week. The hand wands they use make a sound when they pick up on metal. Well it's pretty hard to hear that sound when there is a band playing music on the side walk 20 feet from the gate:laugh:.
    Deep concealing also helps, you can always change to a different position when you get in by going into a bathroom stall and putting the piece wherever you prefer. :twocents:

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I usually go to the bull riding events each January. They always have us open and pull up our coats and spin around. Maybe it's that we're mostly from the country and think we're all packing? :laugh: Oh, and I also have to remove my cowboy hat.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    i went to the circus yesterday and all i had to do was pull up the front of my sweatshirt. If I was carrying @ 4 oclock or sob, they wouldn't have seen it. I've been to BLFH for non basketball events and have been wanded, not checked at all and the weak lift up your shirt. I never know what they'll do, so to keep the wife happy, I leave it in the car and go defenseless.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    These procedures are one reason we dont go to venues like this for any reason. With the 4 month old now I am sure we will end up at the Shrine Circus again this year with our nieces and our daughter. Last year I carried there no problem no checks and plenth of LEO around. If a place doesnt allow firearms we just dont go and the wife is totally on board with it as she carries as well. I guess if we HAD to go someplace that wouldnt allow a firearm I would carry one of my ASP batons and my SureFire then hope and pray we could move with a purpose to get to the car. We both like the water park at Kings Island and this is what I have done there in the past. Typicaly their guys dont do a super thorough bag check if you start to talk to them and are nice to them. The GOOD security people I bave run into in my time have had some kind of common sense about them.
    One guy at Kings Island told my dad no flashlights and made him turn it in at the ticket counter before entry. The guy right next to him let me in with a SureFire, ASP and Benchmade. He did a thorough bag check and asked questions but we were chatting about the amount of people and the crazies he must deal with from time to time, what the response times were of the Kings Island Police ect ect ect and he passed us on through.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I usually go to the bull riding events each January. They always have us open and pull up our coats and spin around. Maybe it's that we're mostly from the country and think we're all packing? :laugh: Oh, and I also have to remove my cowboy hat.

But, But, But. . . . . .I thought you guys only removed your hat for one thing!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i went for the morning show yesterday. I didn't carry, but I found it funny that they asked me to lift my pant legs. They didn't ask to lift my hoody up or look inside the diaper bag....which is an olive drab 3 day pack with molle webbing. :)

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I CC'd My G26 IWB to the Wrestling thing a few weeks ago at BLF. The only form of security that I encountered was the ticket scanner on the skywalk coming from the parking garage across the street from the jail.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    If I'm not mistaken you just posted that you broke the law.
    Not a good move.
    If you can't go along with the rules and property rights of others by all means stay home.

If you must break the law or rules by all means don't tell on yourself.

Most criminals who get caught for major crimes against people implicate themselves with their big mouths.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Not a good move.
    If you can't go along with the rules and property rights of others by all means stay home.

Most criminals who get caught for major crimes against people implicate themselves with their big mouths.

Name the law he broke. I dare ya.

Most legal citizens don't get caught for non-existent crimes against people by implicating themselves in following the law with their big mouths.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

It's not because you're from the country. It's because cowboy buts drives them nuts.

mmmmmh, barrel racers........

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not a good move.

What law?

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I am headed there Sunday for Trans Siberian Orchestra, but thinking I should not carry just in case...don't want to risk getting "caught" since I am pretty sure it would not be good with the group I am going with.

Mark

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not a good move.

Sorry, but you are mistaken! And you are ............

The weakest link! Goodbye!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I had an M&p9c IWB. Wife had to open bag, I walked in. I was prepared to walk back to my car if they asked me to leave. Heck, I need it most for the walk to and fro the car.

Top Bottom