• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    Went out with my wife to do a little shopping including Walmart. I carried my VP9 in a basic serpa holster. Fortunately is was light jacket weather but I wasn't exactly very concealed. not really any strange looks. My compact 9mm is due to come in tomorrow.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    OK...You can remove that one from the bucket list. Now get back to us when you complete a streak through a Walmart...and please dont plan on doing it in Parke or Vigo County Walmart(s). :rolleyes:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Congrats! The first time I ever carried was at a Wal Mart too. I was certain every little old lady that looked at me knew I had a gun! lol! That wears off quickly with daily carry. Soon it will be like forgetting your watch, glasses, or favorite ring if you don't have it on. Experience dictates if you don't have a box full of holsters you don't like, you probably aren't doing it right! It takes a while to find the "perfect" carry holster for YOU. Good luck!

P.S. Watch out for 3 year old girls! They're tricky! :):

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Welcome!! I love my VP9 and carry it every day..i recently retired my USP after nearly 20 yrs of service... I darn near feel naked without it... again welcome and you picked a good one to carry, cant go wrong with the HK...

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I just started carrying this summer, as well. Somehow I still feel more conspicuous with my little .357 mag snubbie than I do my full-size Sig 9mm!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Concealed carry is made easier by most people not having any degree of situational awareness. Unless you post it on Facebook most will never notice.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Not much more to add, congrats & soon you'll realize it's become normal to carry, you'll feel something is missing if you're not carrying. Love my VP9 as well, not carrying my VP9 yet, got to pick up a holster soon.

mwingeier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I carried my G17 in a Blackhawk Serpa covered by just my shirt at the main library and either nobody noticed or nobody cared. You get used to it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It is a wise move to carry, but also a great responsibility. When you get used to it, and almost forget you have it, that is when mistakes happen. Relax, but stay alert.

Keep up to date on carry laws, too. If you forget you have it on and then walk into the court house to pay your property taxes, for example, or into a school for a BB game, bad things happen.

Gandalf said it well. "Keep it secret. Keep it safe."

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Ah the joy of first time carry. All you can think about is ....

Did he notice?
    Did she notice?
    Are they looking at my gun?
    Is that a cop?

After time you learn almost no one notices or cares and you stop thinking about it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    It is a wise move to carry, but also a great responsibility. When you get used to it, and almost forget you have it, that is when mistakes happen. Relax, but stay alert.

Keep up to date on carry laws, too. If you forget you have it on and then walk into the court house to pay your property taxes, for example, or into a school for a BB game, bad things happen.

Gandalf said it well. "Keep it secret. Keep it safe."

THIS :+1:

Top Bottom