• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I heard an employee call The Chicks On the Right show, talking about how carrier could get a rather expensive unit made, according to him, for $28, and it sells to the public for $10,000! He said it was costing them a little over $100 to make here.

one example of one product, I'm sure that tells the whole story.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Be sure to send one to the chicago led steel workers union that works there also .

Nah, I'm OK as-is. I'm at the point in life where I have decided two wrongs can make a right, one just has to decide which side one is on for the end game.

I'd rather have Americans screwing Americans for the sole benefit of Americans, rather than Americans screwing Americans for the benefit of people in another country and a small group of Americans.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My 62 yr old brother works there. Don't know if he's union or not. I haven't heard from him yet if he's going to make retirement before the 2017 date quoted.

There are INGOers that work there.

I've been close to being in this situation a couple of times. I still remember the stress it placed on us as we waited for the hammer to drop and not knowing if we should just proactively move on, etc. I would not wish that on anybody.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I heard an employee call The Chicks On the Right show, talking about how carrier could get a rather expensive unit made, according to him, for $28, and it sells to the public for $10,000! He said it was costing them a little over $100 to make here.

I heard it too. $100? Seems too low. There has to be VERY little materials involved and very little manpower to assemble it for a total cost of $100.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Those price points are not correct.
    It does suck. I worked at that plant right out of High School until the Carter crash. Laid off and never looked back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sucks for the good folks but for the rest , couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch .

???????

We use Carrier equipment pretty much exclusively. It has been reliable and efficient. Price points are acceptable as well.

We may change in light of this.

Amarican standard (Trane) makes good equipment as well. A bit pricier but to my knowledge built in the states. At least for now.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Something's gotta give when 3/4 of the workforce is making $70k (if that article is accurate...). Combine high wages with benefits, pensions, and costs associated with increased regulation and what does one expect to happen? The Golden Goose dies when things get out-of-balance. Saw the same thing happen in Bloomington at the GE refrigerator plant when I was there discussing some contact work. It wasn't pretty.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That giant sucking sound that H. Ross Perot talked about, and every one told him he was an idiot. Funny how that sucking sound is getting louder.

Funny story about the first Japanese company to build cars in the USA, including body panels stamped here, tires from Akron, an engine plant built here and one of the highest US content of just about any car at the time, Honda decided to make their current generation Fit in Mexico. Honda prided itself on very high quality, and were shocked to find parts being stolen from their transportation vehicles, trains and semis. And the assembly line quality was nowhere near what Honda mandates requiring many cars coming off the line to have to be repaired including some cars found with parts missing.

When they say it is cheap, they weren't kidding. Cheap not inexpensive.

I wonder what the quality of Mexican Carrier HVAC will be?

Angry Pirate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    It's sad that this is becoming so common with companies. How do these companies expect to sell products if people don't have jobs to pay for them?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Something's gotta give when 3/4 of the workforce is making $70k (if that article is accurate...). Combine high wages with benefits, pensions, and costs associated with increased regulation and what does one expect to happen? The Golden Goose dies when things get out-of-balance. Saw the same thing happen in Bloomington at the GE refrigerator plant when I was there discussing some contact work. It wasn't pretty.

Same with a the GM plants , AC Delco plants and so on leaving Anderson.
    G M had been telling union employees for decades, its gonna come to a end..

Top Bottom