• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrams12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    To those of you that have carried both the Glock 19 and the Glock 26, is there an advantage to carrying the Glock 26 over the Glock 19? I believe I have narrowed my choices down to these 2 for a carry gun. The 19 feels better in my hand, but is only marginally smaller than my 17, and the 26 is so much smaller than my 17. Please help me make up my mind!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    At one time I had both a 19 and a 26. The 26 just disappeared when holstered (IWB). I traded the 26 for a M&P9c I just don't really care for the subcompacts.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I used to switch up between a G26 and a G19. Eventually gave up the 26. Just felt more comfortable with the 15rds at my side. I IWB CC regularly the G19, and the G26 never gave me a considerably more concealed or comfortable carry.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Some of it could depend on your size however it isn't really that much more difficult to conceal a Glock 19 over a 26. Where the 26 comes into their own is in the summer when lighter manner of dress however the 26 is still a wide gun. Many (including myself) opt for a single stack or snubby in hot weather.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    26 can be worn on the ankle if ever a need. The 26 is a bit lighter and obviously less bulky. I have both an like them for different reasons. I only carry the 19 owb when the need to conceal isn't a big deal. Then move to the 26 using whatever holster to fit the situation. I shoot them both as accurate as the other..

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Also the 26 can use a larger magazine .. So essentially it is more versatile .. Really all your getting with the 19 is the extra .58 or so barrel and a rail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 5
    Last edited:

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    G19:Longer sight radius, longer, frame/grip which=5 more rounds in the flush magazine.

G26: shorter slide and barrel, lighter weight, shorter frame/grip 10 round flush magazine. Due to the shorter grip it is easier to conceal with some methods of carry.

As always, YMMV.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    "Chopped" FTW!!

DSC_0693.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I carried the G26 for a while, but there really wasn't a big difference over my G19. I actually just picked up an M&P Shield 9mm to carry. It's lighter and smaller than the G26 and even better, thinner. It shoots similar to my full size M&P and is about as accurate. The only downside to it is the reduced capacity, but you have to give that up to get a gun that thin.

jcmagnum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    pendleton
    I have a 19 and its my primary carry pistol perfect size, the 26 grip is smaller and hard to hang on to. But if your worried they may go to a 10 round carry limit the 26 is the way to go.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    if there was a handgun that i thought every home in america should have, it would be a g19........of course modern americans are so gun retarded that a gun without a safety may be a bad idea, but thats their fault, not mine

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I carried the G26 for a while, but there really wasn't a big difference over my G19. I actually just picked up an M&P Shield 9mm to carry. It's lighter and smaller than the G26 and even better, thinner. It shoots similar to my full size M&P and is about as accurate. The only downside to it is the reduced capacity, but you have to give that up to get a gun that thin.
    This is my opinion also.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to EDC my G19 everywhere, everyday. Since I bought my G26, my G19 has now become my house gun.

I love my G26. And I like it more without the mag extension.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For CC, sometimes the difference in size may seem minor but the experience of carry can be big. I have a G23 and G27, which is the same gun as the G19 and G26 but in .40. The G23 is my favorite of the two but there are times when I want to truly conceal carry and I like the G27 better for that. When I carry the G23, it's either OC or sloppy CC with an OWB holster and untucked shirt. I also own a G19 and recently have been carrying the G27 with a 9mm conversion barrel. I really like the G27 more now with the 9mm barrel, which is in essence a G26. I'm starting to consider selling the G19 because it sits in the safe uncarried.

If you want to truly conceal, the G26 will be easier to conceal than the G19 would be. Plenty of folks conceal a G19, so it can be done too. While I can see an advantage to the G23 over the G27 due to the recoil in the .40 round, that seems to disappear with the G26 vs. G19. The G26 is a pretty nice shooter.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    Glock 26 shoots really smooth, you just need to learn to shoot without your pinky finger, I think its much more practical, some days you may not bring the big g19 but the g26 is pretty much always an option regardless of dress. With my iwb holster I can fully conceal in a tee-shirt and jeans. g26 on your person is better than a g19 at home.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got a 19 & a 26. For me I had an easy time deciding which one to carry tucked inside the waistband. I simply got dressed for work with the G19 on as I'd have it and asked my wife if she could see it. She's not a gun person at all and she picked it up. Next I put on the G26 as I'd have it and asked my wife if she could see it. She couldn't, and that's the one I carry now.

There's such a tiny difference between the two guns in all honesty. Both of my guns are gen 3 and both were tested with my wife with galco tuck n go holsters. In my situation I work in an office and while everyone knows I hunt and shoot, they don't know that I carry. On my body the G19 grip shows more, and the G26 is completely hidden. For me, I don't want anyone to know I carry so I went with the G26 for carry and the G19 by the bed. I don't use any mag extensions when I carry. Not because I think they're bad or anything but because I want the smallest package I can get my hands on.

The G26 is the smallest pistol I've ever owned that I could shoot well enough to depend my life on it. For me and my uses, it's a good gun. If you're concerned about being short on ammo, you can always carry any glock 9mm magazine and you'd be fine. Put a +2 baseplate on a G17 and have a spare 19 rounds for backup if you really want.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I carry the 19 most of the time. If I need more concealment, I go w/ the 26, or carry it as backup. Everything else stays the same (spare mag - G17+2, same holster, etc.). When shooting, I just curl my pinky under the grip & don't use extensions. Kinda defeats the purpose of a shorter grip. You'd do good w/ either, or both.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've got a 19 & a 26. For me I had an easy time deciding which one to carry tucked inside the waistband. I simply got dressed for work with the G19 on as I'd have it and asked my wife if she could see it. She's not a gun person at all and she picked it up. Next I put on the G26 as I'd have it and asked my wife if she could see it. She couldn't, and that's the one I carry now.

There's such a tiny difference between the two guns in all honesty. Both of my guns are gen 3 and both were tested with my wife with galco tuck n go holsters. In my situation I work in an office and while everyone knows I hunt and shoot, they don't know that I carry. On my body the G19 grip shows more, and the G26 is completely hidden. For me, I don't want anyone to know I carry so I went with the G26 for carry and the G19 by the bed. I don't use any mag extensions when I carry. Not because I think they're bad or anything but because I want the smallest package I can get my hands on.

The G26 is the smallest pistol I've ever owned that I could shoot well enough to depend my life on it. For me and my uses, it's a good gun. If you're concerned about being short on ammo, you can always carry any glock 9mm magazine and you'd be fine. Put a +2 baseplate on a G17 and have a spare 19 rounds for backup if you really want.

I have to thank you for the mention of the Galco Tuck and Go. I looked it up, checked out the picture and thought heck, that looks just like my DeSantis SOF Tuck. Pulled it out of my holster drawer and what do you know, my Shield fits in it perfectly! :yesway:

Top Bottom