• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    One of my instructors who goes by the name of a “athlete type teacher” told me not too pick up free range ammo?

Definitely not advised. Especially with the possibility of 9mm major laying around. However a friend of mine gave me a fairly large box of stuff he picked up off the range. It was yucky so I ran it through the case cleaner. Then I fed some of it into a brand new never fired Glock 45. Some shot good, some didn’t, some was loud, it all made noise.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I'm not too worried about having nickel brass, you can find HST or Winchester T-Series, government over runs and really good prices at time.

My concern is how much good self defense/duty ammo went up recently! The last time I picked up HST 9mm 124gr or 147gr is was about $23 a box. Now it's about $40 a box! WTF!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    All ammo is tumbled for 12 minutes. Then rubbed down with a cloth. I then fill each hollow point half full with mercury, and the cover the mercury with wax to seal it in. Try to stop just short of violating the Geneva Convention.

Same, except I fill with silver. Never know when you're gonna run into werewolves. :nailbite:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What about rifle carry ammo?

I picked up a few dozen boxes of this a few years back when PSA had it on sale. It groups to point of aim similarly to PMC bronze, but a lot smaller groups.
    :rockwoot:

Looks like it is not as readily available as it once was.

59031.jpg

What carry ammo are you guys using for your carbines?

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    I see a number of comments on Hornaday, I use their critical defense line, and was talking with the American Arms gunshop owner a few months ago and he mentioned that the wound channel that round created wasn't on par with some of the other rounds available. Unfortunately for the life of me, I cannot remember what he said he was now selling to replace Critical Defense. He had some blocks of gel there with the two wound channels of the two different rounds in them and there was a visible difference.
    Now I know that ballistic gel isn't the most accurate representation of actual wound characteristics in people (bones for instance), but has anyone heard of similar effects/concerns?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What about rifle carry ammo?

I picked up a few dozen boxes of this a few years back when PSA had it on sale. It groups to point of aim similarly to PMC bronze, but a lot smaller groups.
    :rockwoot:

Looks like it is not as readily available as it once was.

59031.jpg

What carry ammo are you guys using for your carbines?
    My “social load” used to be 8126N Hornady TAP 75gr. It got too expensive and hard to find so I switched to MK318 SOST. It’s producing .75 @100 boringly, but has the added feature of being barrier blind. This coming from a BCM CHF 16 ELW barrel. If your Gold Dot is the 62 grain I may have a decent source of affordable cases.

Top Bottom