Carry at Indy 4wheel & offroad jamboree.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    I am mud racing at the indiana state fair grounds this weekend, we will be camping there from thursday to sunday. I will be carrying concealed, and wondered if anyone knows if they have policy against it, I can't find anything on the indianapolis 4wheel & offroad jamboree website.
    Anybody else going or racing there this weekend?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I'm not worried, just asking if it is allowed since I'll be doing it.
    Anything can happen, suppose a flock of hot women pull my shirt off and someone see's my gun.

Then you will probably wake up screaming because latter in the dream you will realize they are all men.:D

Sorry couldn't help myself. and Concealed means concealed.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    the only statutes which I have ever came across....indicate it is illegal to carry at the state fair......not on state fairgrounds

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    Ok, maybe the hot women won't be happening.
    Lets get a new perspective for people that think concealed eliminates all chances of getting in trouble.
    Suppose my lcp in a pocket holster has worn a defined print in my back pocket, now suppose a gay cop is checking out my butt and notices what the print is. Will I be in trouble?
    It's not a big deal, just wondered if anybody knew anything specific about the fairgrounds or event rules.....

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I have been showing a truck up there since 1999 and have never got caught or had any trouble carrying. I have also never seen a sign that says no weapons either.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I will be CC'ing there simply because I find the rent a cops love to puff up their chest ands kick people out, kinda sucks as OC is much more comfortable when walking around all day. Between the same cost, lack of grandstands, lack of truck pull, and cold weather I am guessing it will be a crappy jamboree.

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    I will be CC'ing there simply because I find the rent a cops love to puff up their chest ands kick people out, kinda sucks as OC is much more comfortable when walking around all day. Between the same cost, lack of grandstands, lack of truck pull, and cold weather I am guessing it will be a crappy jamboree.

Your exactly right about that. With the investigation of the collapsed stage still going on, there will be even more puffed up rent a cops and regular cops roaming around. I'm sure we will still have a good time anyways!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It's illegal to carry if you're off-roading on public property?

Senate Bill 0154

This is the best I could find about it.

EDTI: I may be wrong...

IC 14-16-1-23
    Restrictions on operation
    Sec. 23. (a) An individual shall not operate a vehicle under any of the following conditions:
    (1) At a rate of speed greater than is reasonable and proper having due regard for existing conditions or in a manner that unnecessarily endangers the person or property of another.
    (2) While:
    (A) under the influence of an alcoholic beverage; or
    (B) unlawfully under the influence of a narcotic or other habit forming or dangerous depressant or stimulant drug. (3) During the hours from thirty (30) minutes after sunset to thirty (30) minutes before sunrise without displaying a lighted headlight and a lighted taillight.
    (4) In a forest nursery, a planting area, or public land posted or reasonably identified as an area of forest or plant reproduction and when growing stock may be damaged.
    (5) On the frozen surface of public waters within:
    (A) one hundred (100) feet of an individual not in or upon a vehicle; or
    (B) one hundred (100) feet of a fishing shanty or shelter;
    except at a speed of not more than five (5) miles per hour.
    (6) Unless the vehicle is equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.
    (7) Within one hundred (100) feet of a dwelling between midnight and 6:00 a.m., except on the individual's own property or property under the individual's control or as an invited guest.
    (8) On any property without the consent of the landowner or tenant.
    (9) While transporting on or in the vehicle a firearm unless the firearm is:
    (A) unloaded; and
    (B) securely encased or equipped with and made inoperative by a manufactured keylocked trigger housing mechanism.

(10) On or across a cemetery or burial ground.
    (11) Within one hundred (100) feet of a slide, ski, or skating area, except for the purpose of servicing the area.
    (12) On a railroad track or railroad right-of-way, except railroad personnel in the performance of duties.
    (13) In or upon a flowing river, stream, or creek, except for the purpose of crossing by the shortest possible route, unless the river, stream, or creek is of sufficient water depth to permit movement by flotation of the vehicle at all times.
    (14) An individual shall not operate a vehicle while a bow is present in or on the vehicle if the nock of an arrow is in position on the string of the bow.
    (b) Subsection (a)(9) does not apply to a person who is carrying a handgun if the person:
    (1) has been issued an unlimited handgun license to carry a handgun under IC 35-47-2; or
    (2) is not required to possess a license to carry a handgun under IC 35-47-2-2.

That makes it sound like you are OK and does not put limits on it like the bill states. Can someone clarify? I was under the impression that it was a no-no to operate offroad with a loaded firearm. But maybe I'm thinking of KY because that where I do most of my offraoding.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) It is not illegal to carry at the State Fairgrounds, unless it is during the actual State Fair. They have Gun Shows there, after all!

B) It is not illegal to carry (with your LTCH) while offroad on "public" (meaning DNR managed) property. The DNR dropped this a few years ago, and then changed their ATV/Snowmobile rule recently as well. I open carry at Redbird and Interlake several times a year without issue. The DNR folks know me well!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I did see one guy OC'ing a small weapon on Sat., no one was even giving it a second look, having said that it is a redneck fest, weapons go hand in hand...

Top Bottom