• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I will be going to a Komets game this year and was wondering if others here have had experience carrying lately at games. I found a thread about it but it's 2.5 years old: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/246473-memorial-coliseum-carry-komets.html .

I can't find anything on the Komets website on and the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum website says "Each individual event has the right to set their own policy for bringing weapons/firearms into the spaces that they lease for their event, according to Indiana state law. When an event has banned weapons, a written notice is posted either via poster or digital television display near the entrance to that event.".

Does anyone know if they do pat-downs or wanding at the games?

Thanks in advance! :ingo:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Always carry concealed at Komet games and all other events I attend at the Coliseum. No metal detectors or searches of any kind at events I attend. Not sure what the situation would be at any music concerts.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Not sure of the Komets policy. However, there is absolutely no pat downs or metal detectors. Conceal and be happy.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not sure of the Komets policy...

I would guess the policy is like many places such as movie theaters, etc. No weapons, but it is usually in small print and they only highlight the important policies:

No Smoking - because a single lit cigarette in a building that size might kill thousands.

No Outside Food/Drink - because that would significantly impact the revenue for the event.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I would guess the policy is like many places such as movie theaters, etc. No weapons, but it is usually in small print and they only highlight the important policies:

No Smoking - because a single lit cigarette in a building that size might kill thousands.

No Outside Food/Drink - because that would significantly impact the revenue for the event.

Yea, my guess is they don't really care that much about guns but would ask you to leave if you open carry because it would freak out all the soccer moms in attendance.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I've never seen any signs in the coliseum saying we couldn't plus they host a big gun and knife show

I think there is a blue sign next to the escalators that list all of the No No's for the Coliseum.

Should be safe as there are no JBTs, only senior citizens in red jackets wearing orthopedic shoes.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'm not aware of any ECHL policy against it.

Different locale, but when attending Fuel games in Indy, I was never patted down. Only wanted to look into any bags we were carrying.

Good luck to you -- and the Komets!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thanks everyone for the replies!

Always carry concealed at Komet games and all other events I attend at the Coliseum. No metal detectors or searches of any kind at events I attend. Not sure what the situation would be at any music concerts.

Not sure of the Komets policy. However, there is absolutely no pat downs or metal detectors. Conceal and be happy.

I go to a lot of Komet games and I always carry concealed and have never had a problem.

Thank you for the personal experience shared! I will proceed with carrying!

I've never seen any signs in the coliseum saying we couldn't plus they host a big gun and knife show

As I said, Coliseum rules don't prohibit it, but I didn't know if the Komets did. :)

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Not sure about Komets games, but went to a Mad Ants game a few weeks ago and they were searching everyone (wands and pat downs).

If you ever go in and they're doing searches, just approach one of them before the search or find an officer and let them know you're legally carrying. Ask them their policy and if they will let you carry or if they want it put in the car.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Yea, my guess is they don't really care that much about guns but would ask you to leave if you open carry because it would freak out all the soccer moms in attendance.
    Don't you mean hockey moms?

I haven't been to a Komets game in a few years, but there were no metal detectors or pat downs or anything. They just hustle the sheep through.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure about Komets games, but went to a Mad Ants game a few weeks ago and they were searching everyone (wands and pat downs).

Different 'clientele'? :dunno:

I am inclined to believe JettaKnight is correct.

Thinking about this, I have attended many Komet games in recent years. Always CC. Never had a problem with the Coliseum personnel, the security/off duty LEOs, nor the crowd.

I have never attended a Mad Ants game, but I have recently thought about doing so. Hearing that they do search for weapons creates a series problem for me. If they are convinced that the enhanced security is necessary I am absolutely certain I would not want to attend without my EDC. Therefore, I will no longer even consider attending a Mad Ants game.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I can confirm that they are wanding everyone that enters MadAnts games. Just happened to me a week or so ago. I have yet to go to a komets game, but find it interesting if they are doing it for 1,000 basketball fans but not 10,000 hockey fans.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    I know at the Fuel games there are signs saying no knives/guns, ect.. allowed in. But they don't do any kind of pat downs or metal detecting.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    ... but find it interesting if they are doing it for 1,000 basketball fans but not 10,000 hockey fans.

Must be the difference in crowds they attract? HA

Also just to verify I can open carry to buy tickets at the box office correct? On account of it being a county owned building and they don't lease the front.

Top Bottom