• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Before I say anything the title to this thread is a tad bit misleading. I never carry at the post office whenever I have to go there, and am aware that it is a felony to do so. My question relates more to the parking lot.

Is it still considered carrying a weapon into the Post Office if you're disarmed and the firearm is locked securely in your vehicle in the parking lot? Or does that extend to the parking lot as well?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    There have been threads on this before, and the general consensus is that the law applies to the "Property". not just the "Building"..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just to play devils advocate;
    If you effectively CC'd, no one would know unless you had to use your gun for SD. If you had to use your gun for SD, what difference would legalities make?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    If you effectively CC'd, no one would know unless you had to use your gun for SD. If you had to use your gun for SD, what difference would legalities make?
    Because even if you've used your gun in self defense, there is always a guy in the court that wants to put you away from using a gun even if you are justified and they will procure anything that can be used against you.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Because even if you've used your gun in self defense, there is always a guy in the court that wants to put you away from using a gun even if you are justified and they will procure anything that can be used against you.

Judged by 12 or carried by 6?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...

"they will procure anything that can be used against you."

Some people here don't seem to understand this.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    "they will procure anything that can be used against you."

Some people here don't seem to understand this.

If you had to use a firearm in a location where it was illegal to have it, one would assume you'd be dead if your didn't use it.

I can't comprehend how some people don't seem to understand a plea bargain down to a misdemeanor and forfeiting your firearm isn't a good trade for their life.

Their life must not be worth much? :dunno:

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So how does this apply to a post office that is located in a shopping mall? Its not the post offices parking lot. But they are located there.. Where is that line drawn?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I thought that, too. Then I got hit by a car while on my bicycle. I had to get medical treatment, but luckily I wasn't hurt bad enough that I had to take the ambulance ride, If I had been its a pretty sure bet they would have discovered my firearm at some point.

I'm not saying don't carry, everyone can do the risk calculus on their own and see which way they'd rather lean, but there are definitely ways to get "made" as carrying other than a SD scenario.

Top Bottom