• Total voters

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Our company just issued a policy that states that no drugs or weapons are allowed on company property. They reserve the right to search our office or car without warning and can search our office even if we are not there. Us reading the policy sent via e-mail constitutes our acceptance and agreement to abide by the policy.

This only applies to the non-union employees.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I work at one of those cool places that it's still illegal. Can't even leave it in the car.

I am not sure how it works, but the way I read a couple Indiana Codes, what my company is doing is illegal. But I may be wrong. I'm no attorney and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Self employed , work in peoples homes a lot . Lay floors for a living ,up and down from floor all day . Even when I wear gun inside belt it will show. I keep it in truck most of the time. If I know I will not feel safe ,because of the neighborhood I will keep it in my pocket , my lc-9 fits in my pocket easy.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    MY EDC is a Shield 40. I alternate between it and a Glock 27, Glock 23, and LCP. My company provides me a vehicle to drive. The Handbook that was just updated this year to electronic online version now states no firearms allowed. I am a salesman and travel to several states Including IL. I have my Utah and AZ permits (They call them permits not LTCH) so I carry everywhere I go except in IL.

I CC IWB all the time so as to keep the muscle memory the same or as close as possible. If a customer was to complain that I had a weapon I could be terminated if they proved that I transported it there in their company provided vehicle. I will be going to a different program with my car as soon as I put another 30,000 miles on it. (Picture car on jack stands with cruise set on 100 mph) just kidding about the jack stands but it is tempting.

I will have an allowance of $650 per month and they will pay for all the gas and maintenance. I am soooo looking forward to switching to the new program. It will be a 4x4 crew cab truck again.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I work from home, and never have to go into an office, so you can figure out what my answer is. It may not be on me 24/7, but I can always reach it from my desk. Wife works in a nursing home so she can't, but she's smart enough to stay safe should the need arise.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    My company has a policy to allow "authorized persons only" policy on carrying firearms.

Senior management says this is equal to a no carry policy.

I think it's a matter of interpretation.

Company is in PA and has no issue with storing firearms on their property inside your vehicle.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Against the law is different than against the rules... If it is against the rules then carry! Thats what I think at least. There are extenuating circumstances obviously but for most jobs I feel this holds true... Always person to person too, but I think carry is the way to go!

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I am not sure how it works, but the way I read a couple Indiana Codes, what my company is doing is illegal. But I may be wrong. I'm no attorney and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If it's illegal, it's against the law. Leaving one in the car is NOT against the law so it's not illegal.

Indiana Code 34-28-7

Against the law is different than against the rules... If it is against the rules then carry! Thats what I think at least. There are extenuating circumstances obviously but for most jobs I feel this holds true... Always person to person too, but I think carry is the way to go!

Not sure if Bfish's reply was in response to me or not. But I work at one of those "C. A private secure facility". I could park on the side of the county road and walk the 2 miles in from the first gate.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not sure if Bfish's reply was in response to me or not. But I work at one of those "C. A private secure facility". I could park on the side of the county road and walk the 2 miles in from the first gate.

NO exodus I thought from ^ that post it sounded like you fell into the extenuating circumstances part, but then I read your other post and not at all...
    What I meant when I said against the law is different than against the rules. If its against the rules, then (most situations) carry. But if its against the law, say at a school or something then obviously this would not be wise, probably don't carry as it's against the law.
    But say if you work for a construction company or really anyplace else that has a no firearm policy (probably a CYA policy too) then why not just carry. As long as it's not breaking the law. And it's not a crazy inconvenience like walking 2 miles as you stated. or a circus stance where you work at the airport and have to pass through security so while it's not illegal but very impractical or hard, or you work as a yoga instructor or personal trainer the list goes on... things like this would be extenuating circumstances.

Top Bottom