• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Great move by the senate but BHO and them are not very good friends at the current time so who knows if it will be passed... We are the UNITED states of America but every state tries to act like its a country. Politics is pretty sad nowadays...

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Every state is its own country. And they can decide all laws within that state except the ones in the Constitution. And the Right to bear arms is written in the Constitution so that means all states have to allow all citizens that right.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I never understood how drivers licenses fall under the "Full Faith and Credit" clause but LTCH didn't.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This would great! I would love to see this workout where it is just like a drivers license. Where it isn't nationally ran but it just give reciprocity per the example. That would be ideal for our current situation. I would love to 2A carry but I suppose baby steps are great!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I like reciprocity. I don't like the feds enacting it. Too easy to later change the requirements or allowed places or whatever. I'll carry where I like if it is decriminalized, much as I now may choose to keep a gun in my car when parked various places, but I don't support this approach to this problem.

Blessings,
    Bill

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I never understood how drivers licenses fall under the "Full Faith and Credit" clause but LTCH didn't.

I don't believe drivers licenses actually do either. It is just all states have agreed to accept drivers licenses from all other states. Probably because if they didn't then they would lose tons of visitors, and in turn $$$, to their state. As we all know $$$ drives politics.

As for the topic of this thread, we really need national reciprocity. However, that will never happen under the Obama administration. The only way we actually get it is if the GOP control congress and the white house. If we were to get it I see states like New Jersey, New York, Maryland, and many others taking it to court on the grounds that it steps on their right to decide their laws. Then again, as was said earlier the ability to own and carry arms is expressly permitted by the constitution and the states have no right to overrule that anyways. However, the courts would have to agree and .... well, the supreme court has proven time and time again that the constitution can be pushed aside.

I do believe national reciprocity is in our future though. It may be another 10-20 years but look how far we have come just since the 90's.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    hopefully there are enough pro-gun legislators--or ones who are afraid of getting voted out of office (Donnelly?)--that B.O.s veto could be overridden

Top Bottom