• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I’m new in town and am wondering if this is the place in Avon. I would really like to try some of these types of shooting events. I have never participated in any shooting event before so I am a complete noob, would that be a problem?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m new in town and am wondering if this is the place in Avon. I would really like to try some of these types of shooting events. I have never participated in any shooting event before so I am a complete noob, would that be a problem?

It is indeed the place in Avon.

If you carry daily and are proficient with drawing and firing, as well as shooting on the move, then register and show up! Its a great time. We keep score, but I dont think anyone actually takes it seriously.(I myself havent bothered to check the scores from last night) Its more a chance to practice practical shooting with what you EDC.

And if you just arent sure, you are more than welcome to show up and just hang out and watch to get your bearings. These shoots are more a bunch of guys (and gals) hanging out and practicing shooting than a competition.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    It is indeed the place in Avon.

If you carry daily and are proficient with drawing and firing, as well as shooting on the move, then register and show up! Its a great time. We keep score, but I dont think anyone actually takes it seriously.(I myself havent bothered to check the scores from last night) Its more a chance to practice practical shooting with what you EDC.

And if you just arent sure, you are more than welcome to show up and just hang out and watch to get your bearings. These shoots are more a bunch of guys (and gals) hanging out and practicing shooting than a competition.

Well I carried daily for the past 5 years until I moved here in December.i have applied for the Indiana permit so it should be coming and I can carry again. I think I will come and just hang the first time to just check it out and see what it’s all about. Sounds like a blast though.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Well I carried daily for the past 5 years until I moved here in December.i have applied for the Indiana permit so it should be coming and I can carry again. I think I will come and just hang the first time to just check it out and see what it’s all about. Sounds like a blast though.

Sign up and shoot the match. The situations you will face in the match will be less challenging that what you may run into on the street and you are carrying for those situations. We will have a shooters meeting that will explain everything. Get there early and talk with folks and see what this is all about.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Avon is the place to be :cool:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    My wife uses that same excuse... wait no.. nevermind..

In all seriousness, I would love to catch one of these and shoot. Sounds very fun and to be surrounded by competent gun people is even better.

You have another chance on the 27th. I try to arrange my schedule so I don't miss any of them. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    You can see some video from a match a few months ago in this thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/460961-carry-gun-match-video.html

If you can draw & reload safely and keep your muzzle under control while moving there's no reason not to come shoot your first time, but by all means come watch one first if that's more comfortable.

The USPSA matches are similar, but tend to higher round counts. Both groups are friendly and will help you out, just come early and tell them it's your first time.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    My wife uses that same excuse... wait no.. nevermind..

In all seriousness, I would love to catch one of these and shoot. Sounds very fun and to be surrounded by competent gun people is even better.

Competent can be use loosely here

Coach created a great little competition to get the everyday carry a workout. A little competition 'stress' and a test of your EDC gear with reasonable round counts

End of month and 'time of month' are two separate issues...lol. I have strict billing requirements that have to be met.

Top Bottom