• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Is there any problem with bringing a non shooting spectator? My 13yo son is very interested and really wants to see what this is all about.

I'm sure your son will be totally welcome. Eyes and ears required of course.
    Turf Doctor had his private cheering section at the last one!
    He is kind of a big deal though.... in his own mind.
    I hope to meet you both tomorrow.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Is there any problem with bringing a non shooting spectator? My 13yo son is very interested and really wants to see what this is all about.
    Bring him. Eyes and ears needed. Rhino's language gets salty sometimes so he might learn some new vocabulary, unless he rides the bus.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm sure your son will be totally welcome. Eyes and ears required of course.
    Turf Doctor had his private cheering section at the last one!
    He is kind of a big deal though.... in his own mind.
    I hope to meet you both tomorrow.

You were not supposed to let anybody else know I think I am a big deal. oh well..

Looking forward to tonight..

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That was a good time! Learned a lot, learned I need more training. Met some INGOers including: Rhino, Chezuki, Nat63, AaronM (met him many times under other than firearms situations), possibly MattRoth54 and one other but didn't catch his handle.

Highly recommend this, where else can you run four Mozambique drills coming out from behind giant water barrels?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;JAtrZKBuH1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAtrZKBuH1I[/video]

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That was a good time! Learned a lot, learned I need more training. Met some INGOers including: Rhino, Chezuki, Nat63, AaronM (met him many times under other than firearms situations), possibly MattRoth54 and one other but didn't catch his handle.

Highly recommend this, where else can you run four Mozambique drills coming out from behind giant water barrels?

You might want to proof read that....Just saying

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Two questions. I typically carry a Smith revolver with a clip draw inside my jeans. Do I have to have a holster or can I draw with the clip draw? Second question, since it only holds five, would there be an exception to the mandatory reload after the sixth shot or will I have to reload after five, shoot a sixth round and then reload again?

Where were you?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;1eDgMSUDMLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDgMSUDMLs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Another fun match!

For funsies I decided to draw and use my second gun for the whole match. It was weird because when I draw that gun, it's usually because the one directly forward of it on my belt isn't there because I've already used it until it stopped shooting. I also fouled my draw with my shirt 7 of 7 times.

On the bright side, I shot a couple of really good 3-shot groups at 18 yards on stages 6 and 7. I was happy with that.

PEDANTRY ALERT! PEDANTRY ALERT!

What we did tonight technically wasn't a Mozambique. The textbook version of the Mozambique Drill requires an assessment after the two shots to the upper center chest before deciding to shoot the head shot. The reason for that is based on the real life incident that inspired the drill (two shots were fired to the body, the guy realized it wasn't working, and then fired the head shot). When you shoot two to the body and one to the head automatically with no assessment between, it's called a "Failure Drill."

Taurus the turtle

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Where were you?

I was on my way. Made it all the way to Plainfield....lol. My wife’s van finally reached the end of its usefulness and I got to spend the evening at a dealership. Way more fun than playing with guns. On the bright side, I did make my $20 donation on Saturday to the cuase. Really hoping to make it to the next one.

Top Bottom